1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hypothetical CIV Wager

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by yahzuk, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

In vanilla, I would go Aztecs or French, early culture can help you set your path. Aztecs have nice UB to go for culture or Diplo. French culture can pop up early cities quick and build a militaristic empire.

Both would arguably the most versatile.

2. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

It will be if there's no opposition left, or if you have a large puppet-empire with only a few core cities.

3. avdale

avdale Chieftain

Mongolia

Keshiks>Everything. As has been said just leave 1 person's capital alive surrounded entirely by units while you go for science/time/space/culture/diplo/whatever.

4. Rex_Mundi

Rex_Mundi Prince

Also Khan and march on the mele line works on any map.

For a bet I would pick Songhai or Mongolia, for fun I would pick Ottomans.
    A war strategy will lead you to any victory wou want, and it will help you deal with a runaway AI.

5. Mesix

Mesix One of Porg

Not true...the easiest way to win a Culture VC is the mass puppet strategy (conquer everyone and puppet the cities). Puppets do not increase the culture of new policies the way a built city or an annexed city do. The puppet cities do produce culture though, so it becomes easier to gain new policies.