I am not able to update BTS

qwert

Warlord
Hello, everybody.

I recently reinstalled BTS amd tried to download the latest patch from the main menu.
Before unistalling the game, I was perfectly able to download patches from the main menu and did so with all BTS patches.

The game says there is a new patch (3.17) avaible and asks me if I want to install it, however every time i accept, a in game window pops up and says that an error has ocurred (sometimes that window doesn´t appear but everything else happens as explained bellow).
After that nothing happens, while downloading a patch there is usually a progress window, which doesn´t appear.
Despite this however, i can´t do anything. If I try to exit the game it says I should wait until the patching is complete, and if I click on search updates it says it is already updating.

Does somebody know about this problem, and how to solve it? And is there any other way of updating BTS?

Thank you

I had this problem and I realised that the patching progress window didn't appear because of the Blue Earth graphics mod. I removed the mod and it patched fine.

Try uninstalling any mods you have and attempt patching again and if possible, post a screenshot of the error message.

Thanks for the link, I will try it out later.
However I am still interested in making the autoupdater work.

The only mods I had installed where BAT (a variation of BUG), BlueMarble and Solver´s latest unoficial patch, the first two mods where uninstalled before uninstalling BTS.
I have just tried to uninstall BTS again and erase everything that was left of it after uninstalling, in an attempt to eliminate anything that migth still be there of any of these mods (do these mods install something on the Civilization folders or just in BTS?).
After installing again I am still unable to update it with the autoupdater.

Thank You

The in-game updater didn't work for me. I had to download the patch from this site, and install it manually.

Im am downloading the patch just now. How do I install it after downloading?

Thank you

Im am downloading the patch just now. How do I install it after downloading?

Thank you

Uncompress the ZIP file then double click on the Civ4BTS_Patch_v317.exe file and it will install it. When the installation is complete you will need to reinstall Solver's patch for 3.17.

What Single Malt said. The in-game update just hung forever, so downloaded it manually. Get it right next time, Take Two.

Top Bottom