I can't find how to enable feature names like: rivers/seas/mountains etc

brandonjm8

Chieftain
Like the title states, I can't make the game show names for rivers/oceans/seas etc in my games for some unknown reason.

At first I thought it was a mod so I looked through the steam workshop for an hour, didn't find anything. So I did some googling, read somewhere that it's a "map option" or something but I've looked through settings everywhere and I don't have anything that allows me to enable having names in game for rivers/oceans/seas etc anywhere, need help :(

I have the complete game, bought it less than a month ago, been playing Rise and Fall and I just can't find this map option to enable names etc (I've even changed expansion to GS and the option to enable names still doesn't show). Below I've shown screenshots of what is shown as options for me when starting a new game. Thanks for any and all help o/

1665484812055.png

1665484862817.png

I switched it to GS and the option to display names doesn't appear, is it not supposed to appear as an option and is automatic? Would be kind of weird for it to not be an option to turn on or off. Does the display names feature only work for GS?

I switched it to GS and the option to display names doesn't appear, is it not supposed to appear as an option and is automatic? Would be kind of weird for it to not be an option to turn on or off. Does the display names feature only work for GS?
iirc it is a GS feature, and does factor into some of the mechanics such as Dams and disaster log so cannot be turned off.

damn :( was hoping I could enable names for Rise and Fall too, I'm a longtime civ player but wanting to master this expansion first before playing GS games, guess I'll have to wait til then to see any feature names.

Thanks bro, appreciate it o/

Those don't exist for me, only the top three: show grid/show resource icons/show yield icons are shown for me. Like already stated it appears the naming of rivers/mountains/deserts etc is a GS (Gathering Storm) only feature and cannot be used for RF (Rise and Fall) expansion played games such as mine :) but thanks o/

Top Bottom