I can't get the game to recognize my civ

caliskier

Chieftain
I have done this before, when the game first came out, and now I want to do it again. I have created an Israeli civ and I am trying to play it. I went into the editor and named my leaders, cities, and king and I saved it but I can’t figure out how to play it in the actual game. Do I save it as a scenario, or a regular save, do I bring it up under new game or load game? I’m lost

There would be some differences between the answer to your question converning Civ3, and the answer concerning PtW...

After making the changes in the editor, you need to save it as a scenario. Then when playing the game, choose 'load scenario'. If playing PTW, you need to make sure you had saved the scenario in .bix format, and for Civ3, it should be in .bic format.

You would also need to add graphics for the civ (unless you are just using another civ's graphics), and make additions into the civlopedia.txt file and pedialicons.txt file.

It's a rather time-consuming process and easy to make mistakes, so best to download something somebody else already created for you,.

I am trying to do it in PTW. I may try the isreali civ with the uu that has been created.

I got this error when I tried to bring it up as a scenario

"#"

The game will end now

Top Bottom