I don't get it....can you help me get it?

Well, there are a lot of other excellent strategy games : Starcraft 1&2, Alpha Centauri, Space Empires 5 (+ Balance Mod), Sword of the Stars, Spring... I honestly have trouble deciding which one of them is the best... especially since the whole "strategy" field is so wide!

Otherwise I agree, except that I think this mod has the potential to get even better!

BTW, what is the "building upgrades" option?
I can't say I think much of Starcraft - I don't like the RTS genre much - as for Alpha Centauri, there were simply too many buildings to build, and furthermore there were some wonders (think virtual world) which were game breakers; you were royally screwed if you didn't have them, much unlike civ4 where there is no single wonder that will have the same gamebreaking effect.

"building upgrades" was an installable option within a version of AND which allowed buildings to be "upgraded" into different buidlings of the same type. In short it was supposed to simplify things but was not properly thought through. Some buildings would add compound maitenance costs to a city such that corporations would cripple an economy (where they did not do so before).

Well, there are a lot of other excellent strategy games : Starcraft 1&2, Alpha Centauri, Space Empires 5 (+ Balance Mod), Sword of the Stars, Spring... I honestly have trouble deciding which one of them is the best... especially since the whole "strategy" field is so wide!
Don't forget Europa Universalis III! That is probably the best historical game.

Don't forget Europa Universalis III! That is probably the best historical game.

when it comes to general political stuff that might be true. but the generalization of the military part is simply aweful! and economical development is simply nuts.

then you could mention Victoria / Victoria II which focuses a lot in the economical parts with also very good politics, but still not good enough at the military part.

then you could mention Hearts of Iron 2/3 (and Arsenal of Democracy), which focus a lot on political and most on military stuff. but lacking again the economical stuff.

None of these games is perfect (for me). A combination of all is what i want :)

Btw: all are Paradox Interactive games, and the most complex games i have ever played. i guess the usual AND player will love these games!

As a longtime player of Civ4 vanilla, then the "Extra" mod, then I laid off a while. Just came back to the game with ROM AND, and all I can say is "Wow"...you've really created a full upgrade, not just a mod.

It's so completely changed, in fact, that I'm struggling to understand all the features. Is there a "tips & tricks" file or post; a detailed "feature list" which explains how (and whether) to use each feature; a set of screenshots which point out what all the new displays mean?

Thanks to all...

Pmarvin

Best thing you can do is to do these two things:
#1 Read Afforess' summary of features in Main Download thread
#2 Read through Civilopedia's A New Dawn Concepts pages.

And one more thing but you are doing it already: play ;).

Be careful with the Civilopedia pages. A lot of them are wrong or outdated.

Yes - a lot are, but the A New Dawn Concept pages should be pretty up to date.

Top Bottom