I guess it is possible to lose on Apollo

I think it has more to do with what type of map you choose, the layout of the map, and what the AI does. Though the autoplant quest does play a factor.

The Ultrasonic Fence quest also is a factor. I've had several games where it took over 5-7 turns to pop and I was quite worried it might be bugged. Getting trade routes started without it is usually truely awful, and that's with me wiping out all aliens on sight whenever possible.

How many games have you won on deity on Civ 5 and Apollo on BE? Just wondering.

I've played 5 games in apollo and won 4, lost one to some contact AI ( 126 turn win ... )

But dude, if you think i'm showing off just check this :

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=537545&page=15

Dat is great and it's STANDARD speed.

200 ish win is not that great .... as long as you understood that you must expand every time you finish to build 3 trade route on your new expand + some culture building, you are doing it.

How fast can Harmony win? T15 or lower is possible?

Only because on Supremacy, you can win in 10 turns if you just send in Angels (Supremacy 18 maxed out or mixed in match with the others until it =18). However, I think you can cut it down faster if you manage to some how get your harmony high enough to grant you access to the XenoTitan, but you might slow yourself down in the long haul by teching all over the place.

How fast can Harmony win? T15 or lower is possible?

Only because on Supremacy, you can win in 10 turns if you just send in Angels (Supremacy 18 maxed out or mixed in match with the others until it =18). However, I think you can cut it down faster if you manage to some how get your harmony high enough to grant you access to the XenoTitan, but you might slow yourself down in the long haul by teching all over the place.

Harmony can cut it down to 1 turn. 14 or 15cities all with the 2 harmony victory buildings.

Harmony can cut it down to 1 turn. 14 or 15cities all with the 2 harmony victory buildings.

That seems awfully unbalanced, there should be a bottom cap of at least 10 turns.

Purity really has it worse than everyone else.

Played my first Apollo game yesterday, lost to PAC Contact victory around T100 on QUICK. Glad to hear that's just kind of a fluke - there's really nothing I could have done to stop it. I saw the wonders being completed, but I was at war with Slavic on tough terrain, and PAC wasn't really reachable for me anyway.

Oh well - just have to try again :)

It certainly is possible to lose at levels even below Apollo if you don't want to go crazy micromanaging the trade routes (which I hate doing). I only build a handful because I get so frustrated having to renew them all the time.

If Firaxis doesn't have a way to automate them somehow with this impending patch, it would be a game breaker for me.

Top Bottom