1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I guess it is possible to lose on Apollo

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by kingsbury, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Prophet Skeram

Prophet Skeram Chieftain

The Ultrasonic Fence quest also is a factor. I've had several games where it took over 5-7 turns to pop and I was quite worried it might be bugged. Getting trade routes started without it is usually truely awful, and that's with me wiping out all aliens on sight whenever possible.

2. Gokudo01

Gokudo01 Emperor

I've played 5 games in apollo and won 4, lost one to some contact AI ( 126 turn win ... )

But dude, if you think i'm showing off just check this :

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=537545&page=15

Dat is great and it's STANDARD speed.

200 ish win is not that great .... as long as you understood that you must expand every time you finish to build 3 trade route on your new expand + some culture building, you are doing it.

3. Elz Majesto

Elz Majesto Warlord

How fast can Harmony win? T15 or lower is possible?

Only because on Supremacy, you can win in 10 turns if you just send in Angels (Supremacy 18 maxed out or mixed in match with the others until it =18). However, I think you can cut it down faster if you manage to some how get your harmony high enough to grant you access to the XenoTitan, but you might slow yourself down in the long haul by teching all over the place.

4. Acken

Acken Deity

Harmony can cut it down to 1 turn. 14 or 15cities all with the 2 harmony victory buildings.

5. Ryoga

Ryoga King

That seems awfully unbalanced, there should be a bottom cap of at least 10 turns.

Purity really has it worse than everyone else.

6. Acken

Acken Deity

Well if they nerf expanding it will start to be better. With only a single city for example, harmony takes 27turns.

7. draknor

draknor Chieftain

Played my first Apollo game yesterday, lost to PAC Contact victory around T100 on QUICK. Glad to hear that's just kind of a fluke - there's really nothing I could have done to stop it. I saw the wonders being completed, but I was at war with Slavic on tough terrain, and PAC wasn't really reachable for me anyway.

Oh well - just have to try again :)

8. Breezin

Breezin Warlord

It certainly is possible to lose at levels even below Apollo if you don't want to go crazy micromanaging the trade routes (which I hate doing). I only build a handful because I get so frustrated having to renew them all the time.

If Firaxis doesn't have a way to automate them somehow with this impending patch, it would be a game breaker for me.