I miss Hitler and Stalin

Status
Not open for further replies.

CivCeesje

Chieftain
Hey guys,
U all have these world leaders, but I really miss those 2 guys.. They played a huge role in the 19th century, much more as Mao or roosevelt whatsovever..:)

CivCeesje said:
Hey guys,
U all have these world leaders, but I really miss those 2 guys.. They played a huge role in the 19th century, much more as Mao or roosevelt whatsovever..:)

19th century? Hitler was born in the last part of the 19th century, I think you are thinking about 20th Century (1900-2000).

I think they wasn't in because Firaxis didn't want to make a huge firestorm over it, plus you can mod it in. BTW what does Mao and Roosevelt have to do with it, Mao was the leader of China and FDR was the president of the US.

CivCeesje said:
Hey guys,

I agree with you. It may not be politically correct, but its a huge part of history. I guess they don't wanna offend Germans or upset Jewish people.

And they also want to sell the game in Germany. As a German, I'm glad that Hitler doesn't make an appearance. Besides, he was Austrian, not German.

I agree with you on Stalin for he was there till CIV3 but why the hell Hitler?
I can´t remember a single CIV with Hitler as default leader?!

yeah, I believe having Hitler in the game is simply bad taste, and isn't a strong marketing move considering the European segment.

If you want him in the game, mod him in. Dont put that P.O.S in my game, thanks.

I for one rename Bismack to A Hitler ... and then converted to Judaism. The first time not intentionally, but then every time i played Germany i did it again just to see the message:

"Adolf Hitler converts to Judaism" <--- :)eek: i took a capture screen, lol )

CivCeesje said:
Hey guys,

They didn't have Hitler in Civ3. They had Bismarck.

Bismarck was a far more appropriate leader for Germany. He was a real nation and empire builder - in a sense, the father of modern Germany. Hitler was a crank on the political fringe who unfortunately got his hands on Germany's steering wheel for a short time. He wasn't a builder, he was a destroyer. And I agree it would be in bad taste to have him as leader of Germany. It sure wouldn't go down well in Deutschland.

dont forget to add winston churchill.

I'm glad that neither Hitler or Stalin appear in Civ4.

I though it was distasteful for Stalin to be in Civ3.

Stalin was just as bad as Hitler IMO. It's estimated that ~6 million Jews were exterminated by Hilter, compared to 7 to 10 million people Stalin that died in famine as a result of the 5-year-plans or murdered in the Great Purge. Also, there's the millions of Soviet soldiers that died as a result of Stalin's military incompetence -- he executed most of the military officers and left the rest of the army leaderless and paralyzed with fear, so that they were annihilated by the Germans. His only solution to stem the tide of the German advance was to sacrifice millions more soldiers. The only reason that the Soviets eventually defeated the Germans was the inhospitable Russian weather that halted their advance short of Moscow.

Hilter was a genocidal maniac, but Stalin was an inept genocidal maniac. At least Hitler was good at being evil -- Stalin was only good at killing his own people.

So I'm glad that neither of them are in Civ4. Neither are appropriate.

Speaking of appropriate, I don't agree with Mae Zedong being a Chiese leader either. He was responsible for the deaths of millions because of the "Great Leap Forward" and Cultural Revolution policies, as well as persecution and purges. Personally, I think in order to be permitted as a Civ4 Leader the candidate must pass the "Did he/she do more harm than good?" test. If so, they don't belong in Civ4. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom