[R&F] I miss the map replay from older civ versions

I like the timeline a lot but I kinda miss the map replay from older civ versions. It's nice to actually watch a replay of the map and see your territory expand throughout the game. And the timeline does not have all the info like every city you settle or when you conquer another city. I wish the devs would combine both the timeline and the map replay and give us both. Basically, they could give us a map replay with the timeline events popping up on the map replay.

Thoughts?

I miss it. Unfortunately, IIRC the devs confirmed it wouldn't come in Gathering Storm.

Isn't that ratio of finished plays to grant total is smaller with each new civ..?

In Civ4 i have finished most of my games.. both by win and loss (which was happening a lot more than now as AI if possible would roll you over). In Civ5 it dropped significantly, but for Civ 6 i can't recall the screen. So replay might be there.. i would just never know.

Trying to say that devs could simply ignore it as players did.

Isn't that ratio of finished plays to grant total is smaller with each new civ..?

In Civ4 i have finished most of my games.. both by win and loss (which was happening a lot more than now as AI if possible would roll you over). In Civ5 it dropped significantly, but for Civ 6 i can't recall the screen. So replay might be there.. i would just never know.

Trying to say that devs could simply ignore it as players did.

Map replay was present in the initial vanilla, but it did’t look that good (as with mini-map, it painted equally land and sea tiles with civ colors), and it seemed to have crash issues. Therefore, it was removed.

If it is true it is not present in GS, maybe the crashes are not solved (even if minimap has been improved, for what we see)

I'm hoping the improved mini map is a sign it will be returning eventually. I'm glad we're getting the HOF back (finally!), and I'd vote for it before the map replay if forced to choose, but I'd really like both.

(And after that, if there's any hope for more content, the throne room - purely aesthetic and somewhat silly, but I recall it fondly from early versions of Civ.)

I’ve to add, with the HoF, I’d wish we got again the option to rename the Leader... makes it easiy to diferentiate, e.g. my England games if one is being played by Victoria I and other by Victoria II, even if it is not really accurate.

Top Bottom