1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] I miss the map replay from older civ versions

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by SupremacyKing2, Jan 27, 2019.

1. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

I like the timeline a lot but I kinda miss the map replay from older civ versions. It's nice to actually watch a replay of the map and see your territory expand throughout the game. And the timeline does not have all the info like every city you settle or when you conquer another city. I wish the devs would combine both the timeline and the map replay and give us both. Basically, they could give us a map replay with the timeline events popping up on the map replay.

Thoughts?

Stilgar08, WillowBrook, Xur and 3 others like this.
  2. ArallanKing

ArallanKing Chieftain

thisd b very great to see

SupremacyKing2 likes this.
  3. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I miss it. Unfortunately, IIRC the devs confirmed it wouldn't come in Gathering Storm.

4. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Warlord

yeah it's a good feature.

5. BrotherInJah

BrotherInJah 60% of the time works every time

Isn't that ratio of finished plays to grant total is smaller with each new civ..?

In Civ4 i have finished most of my games.. both by win and loss (which was happening a lot more than now as AI if possible would roll you over). In Civ5 it dropped significantly, but for Civ 6 i can't recall the screen. So replay might be there.. i would just never know.

Trying to say that devs could simply ignore it as players did.

6. Kaan Boztepe

Kaan Boztepe Chieftain

i would like to see it very much

7. Josephias

Josephias Chieftain

Map replay was present in the initial vanilla, but it did’t look that good (as with mini-map, it painted equally land and sea tiles with civ colors), and it seemed to have crash issues. Therefore, it was removed.

If it is true it is not present in GS, maybe the crashes are not solved (even if minimap has been improved, for what we see)

8. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I'm hoping the improved mini map is a sign it will be returning eventually. I'm glad we're getting the HOF back (finally!), and I'd vote for it before the map replay if forced to choose, but I'd really like both.

(And after that, if there's any hope for more content, the throne room - purely aesthetic and somewhat silly, but I recall it fondly from early versions of Civ.)

Josephias likes this.
  9. Josephias

Josephias Chieftain

I’ve to add, with the HoF, I’d wish we got again the option to rename the Leader... makes it easiy to diferentiate, e.g. my England games if one is being played by Victoria I and other by Victoria II, even if it is not really accurate.