I need some tech support

Makavcio

Prince
Hey, I'm quite surprised that this place is so empty. Was there no hype or anything?

Anyway, I've got some technical issues with the game and I put my hope in you.

I cannot run the game in real full screen mode. Tray and everything else in the bottom bar is still visible when I switch the game to full screen. alt+enter doesn't do the trick.

Also, the game crashes instead of just turning off when I try to do so.

Moreover, does anyone know how to unlock these rewards for playing Civ:BE? I had created an account in Civ:BE, I used it to log in in Starships and nothing happened. To be honest, dunno if I got the promised map pack for signing up. Had no time for gaming lately.

Last but not least, are there any advanced graphics options in this game? It launched in a tiny window and when I switched it to "full screen", it looked like if the tiny window got painfully stretched, not properly resized.

I cannot run the game in real full screen mode. Tray and everything else in the bottom bar is still visible when I switch the game to full screen. alt+enter doesn't do the trick.

As far as I know, there is no true full screen mode supported. It is either windowed mode or full screen w/tray still visible. Probably a result of it being an iPad game ported to PC.

Moreover, does anyone know how to unlock these rewards for playing Civ:BE? I had created an account in Civ:BE, I used it to log in in Starships and nothing happened. To be honest, dunno if I got the promised map pack for signing up. Had no time for gaming lately.

Not sure. I do know that you automatically get a reward pop up during a BE game when you do certain things. I got a pop up about a "new jerusalem" mission when I settled my first city. I am guessing, if you are signed in to my2K and click "play starships" from the BE screen that the reward carries over. I have not tried it yet.

Ouch, no. Sounds awful.
You're a funny guy. I don't like you.

@SupremacyKing2
Thanks. Such things were to be expected, I guess, though streams from the game were made without any issues. And with much better graphics than I was able to get during the 2 minutes I had this game launched.

There also seem to be rewards for BE that you unlock while playing Starships. I got a pop up for a "Tiny Islands" something or other after beating my first Starships game.
Oh, I thought it's the other way around.

Now I'm really irked only by the fake full screen mode, especially that a part of the interface seems to be below the bar.

Oh, I thought it's the other way around.

Now I'm really irked only by the fake full screen mode, especially that a part of the interface seems to be below the bar.
I think it's both ways actually? Seems you unlock things in each game by playing the other perhaps....

I think it's both ways actually? Seems you unlock things in each game by playing the other perhaps....
Got the unlocks, too... no idea what they are, though. I wonder if that's future integration or something entirely different.

This seems to be the only tech support thread (sort of). So this is where I'll deliver a Bug Report.

EVERY time I exit the game, the game screen closes correctly, but I consistently get a "An error has occurred" Windows popup. Just click "Close the program" and it's gone, so it's not like it causes me any grief, but it would be nicer to NOT get an error popup.

I can not even see anything properly!

Attachments

• Broken Starships.JPG
    Broken Starships.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 271
Have you tried to right-click the task-bar -> properties -> "Auto-hide the taskbar"?

Top Bottom