I saw it with my own two eyes...

sabo

My Ancestors were Vikings
I couldn't believe it!! AI India (purple) hit me with some bombers, but it wasn't just any AI bombing run, NO he didn't hit roads or resources, he hit a mech infantry I had and a city! The city was salzburg (yellow arrow) which he didn't do much damage too, but my mech infantry got softened down and his tank (red arrow) finished it off!

I have never seen the AI use any kind of artillery like that and then to use it with combine arms too!! Has anyone else seen this?

ps.. no I"m straight right now ;)

Attachments

• saw.jpg
    saw.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 362
Not to rain on your parade but I've had Egypt on Emperor level user bombers from a carrier to attack stacked French units (my allies) while it was landing troops.
Unless you're saying it exclusively targetted units, of those Egyptian bombers only 1/4 were used to hit units, the rest went after improvements.

Yeah, many times. :)

I once got attacked by 12 Egyptian bombers followed by artillery before they rolled their tanks against my city.

See for yourself, you can download the saves in these two threads:

1st German SG ptI
1st German SG ptII

The Civ3 AI is much better than Civ2, in many ways.

Wow, I guess the AI is improved. BTW, what modpack has the extra unit HP?

Originally posted by joespaniel
Yeah, many times. :)

I once got attacked by 12 Egyptian bombers followed by artillery before they rolled their tanks against my city.

See for yourself, you can download the saves in these two threads:

The Civ3 AI is much better than Civ2, in many ways.

Thanks Joespaniel I'll check it out. It's no Mod Cheiftess, I just added more hit points to all units.

I'm surprised you haven't seen it before sabo, playing on a map with that many cities you're a more dedicated civ'er than I (just don't have the patience). I guess the AI needs a pretty decent advantage to start looking like they have some tactical skill and only I can play badly enough for that to happen frequently. :)

Never had it happen to me:- All modern wars I've been in the AI just bombs my improvements sky high. Its annoying, but I suppose its better than them softening up my cities

Ah, this is good news! :) I've always wondered why they never attacked cities. It made SAM batteries quite useless. ;)

Sabo:

This isn't PTW now, is it? This is still 1.29f, right?

I'll have a hard time reading these threads now that PTW owners also post on the same 1.29f forum. *tired eyes*

MSGT John it's the 1.29 patch I won't get PTW untill Wed :(
and to answer your question xavitor I went and bought a new PC a couple of weeks ago so I could play on larger maps

Am I a true civver or what? :lol:

Top Bottom