1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ICELAND Large map for Warlords

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Pre-made Maps' started by Baldrek, Sep 28, 2006.

1. fannarh

fannarh Chieftain

Iceland has never had an official king. So any icelandic civ should have other names then king or emperor and etc etc.

And Iceland did not begin has norwegian colony. Icelanders where refuges from Norway. They fled the opression of King Harald.
    Also it has been geneticaly proven that Iceland was populated be:
    Men: more than 90% from Scandinavia
    Women: more than 80% from Ireland and England.

Floodplains should not be on iceland. Iceland is harsh and should not be over populated.

2. Baldrek

Baldrek Chieftain

Have you even looked at the map Fannar? You know ... it is a very unrealistic map in all manners, Iceland is at least the size of Africa - even Asia. It allows for a population of Millions before the industrial age and it has IVORY, BANANAS, CORN even IRON and other redicilous resources. Take the time to play it ... I promise you, you´ll have fun even though the size of Heimaey is redicilous compared to real life and some of the resources have never-ever even been imported to Iceland much less found there.

3. Baldrek

Baldrek Chieftain

4. daniel192

daniel192 Chieftain

Hi im from Iceland.Ok im from Vestfirðir and a must say it is a "mountainy" piece of the land but not so you cant climb it.

Skagaströndin er mjög fjallótt,hún er þó færanleg = The Skagaströnd is very "mountany" but it is passable.

Allavega ég átti í dálitlum vandræðum,(Á heima á Vestfjörðum) að komast á Vestfirði.

5. Baldrek

Baldrek Chieftain

Hey Daniel I think I have already fixed the access to the Vestfjords if you were playing an older version, please check out versions 0,85 or 0,86.
    I changed mountains in some vital places to hills to allow for better access.

6. PraetorianSteve

PraetorianSteve S.P.Q.R.

Well, by the sound of the Extrabladet it is us Icelanders who have started to oppress you lot with our shady business dealings! :)

Baldrek, I would love to see the Sturlungaöld scenario, it's been a dream of mine as well since I saw an Icelandic map for Civ II way back when (maybe you were the author of that map?)

7. joigisla

joigisla Chieftain

Common guy´s, Iceland and Denmark are brothers. The older one is getting a bit worried since the younger one is coming into his own, but we still love each other very much ;)

Its not like the Icelanders who owned that stinking beer factory in Russia were running around killing people and steeling their money. They were buisenss men who saw an oppertunity and just bloody went for it. Russia is one of the best places in the world to put your money right now, but you also have a lot of organized crime and all of that crapp. I dont see any reason to transfer those qualities unto the whole Icelandic buisness community! Thats a problem for Russia to deal with.

The people who owned the beer factory in Russia (I stress owned) are not the only Icelandic inverstors who are buying up downtown Köbenhavn. Are all the Icelandic investors simply crooks?

Looks to me that Denmark is having its fair share of immigrasion problems like the rest of developed Europe (including Iceland). Then the small neighbour, former opressed colony, Iceland comes into some money and success and invests in Denmark (that is a good thing for Denmark just to be clear). This is hurting the Danish pride, and maybe along side the rising immigration problems the irritation takes form in a backlash of ridiculous articles in a Danish tabloid. Who ****ing cares?

I seriously hope that all the intelligent people who play Civ4 don´t take any notice to this ehrm - stupid attitude. The Danish public should be happy about their country being economically competable since it attracts investors from other countries. The investors just happened to be Icelandic.

Thanks for the Einokunnarverslun (Danish monopoly over Icelandic trade) you stinking rasists ;)

8. The Royalist

The Royalist Chieftain

The Danish way of survival as an independent nation has always been to keep out all foreign influence and such, that is mentality that non Danish translate as racism, but that is not the case.

Yes the massive investments of the Icelandic businessmen do hurt the Danish pride, but it is not because they from Iceland, a Danish colony (i'll keep claiming that till the day I die ;) ), it is because they are foreign and historical has everything foreign never brought Denmark any good. Denmark is, unfortunately, one of the most conservative countries in the world when it comes to values and tradition, but calling us racist is not something I can accept or even laugh about.

9. Baldrek

Baldrek Chieftain

I´ve been at sea for some time and am looking at this thread for the first time in months. No positive feedback or ideas for a long time, please take the time to test the map for me and give me good feedback especially about territories in Iceland that you know.