1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

ICEMod strategy and walkthroughs

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by neilkaz, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Markus Ramikin

Markus Ramikin Justicar

Sounds like a good one.

(It's always GC with you!)

2. neilkaz

neilkaz Chieftain

I've gone to Antares occasionally, but GC wins are more common in my super expansionist style where I conquer with ground troops and get my pop well over 1000.

3. Alex2018

Alex2018 Chieftain

Thank you for your detailed walkthroughs. As I read it and read other website, I am not sure how you all get those high population numbers. I barely get 50-57 population on my large homeworld using uni/sub/aq/large homeworld playing 1.50 huge/imp/prewarp. Maybe race picks with +growth would be it, instead of aquatic (I am not sure how much benefit aquatic adds to subterrainian)

I micromanage like hell, use 1 pop housing technique, stock up on production, follow the built order that I've found to be the best (build all cb -> few freighters in between -> rlabs -> clones -> scomps -> biosphere,) in the long term, and still approach nowhere near the numbers that I see on this and other websites.

I've seen cabman video. My approach is even more complex, except that I don't have colony ships to start with. If I had, then with big system nearby, I'd probably manage to reach around 100 pop (assuming two systems with ~ 50 pop total). But I like to start prewarp.

Any comments, suggestions, critique?

Thanks,

4. neilkaz

neilkaz Chieftain

I get high pops in ICE-X by conquering with many ground troops and also since there are many planets. Conquest, artificial planets, and androids help. I play pre-warp and the basic normal default huge map that comes with the installer. The only change from default I make is to add the command land that sets AI surrender to turn 999.

If you try to expand too quickly at the start some AI will take planets from you. Cabman's video I think is intended for MP 1v1 where there's plenty of space.

5. Jarrek

Jarrek Chieftain

Hi everyone and long live MoO!

Could you guys please enlighten me about all these abbreviations you've been using in your walkthroughs? I especially mean FF, BB etc. Maybe some topic does exist?

6. neilkaz

neilkaz Chieftain

Here's a few common abbreviations. FF frigate. DD destroyer, CC Cruiser, BB Battleship etc.

CS colony ship. SB Starbase. etc