[Idea] Boer Civillization

Vhaldez

Chieftain
After several attempts at coding one myself, I'm going to accept defeat and throw my idea on here for a more experienced modder to pick up. Hopefully this suggestion is simple enough to ensure there are no significant obstacles for anyone who actually knows what they're doing.

Paul Kruger: The Boers
  • Leader Ability: T'rug naar die Ou Transvaal +1 from farms on bonuses resources. Gain the Foreign Volunteer unique unit. All gunpowder units gain the Martyr promotion.
  • Civ Ability: Die Groot Trek +1 for all civillian units. Settlers may retreat from combat when engaged. +25% for any unit stationed on a farm.
Civ Uniques
  • Commando: replaces the Ranger, unlocks at Industrialisation. 55 , 60 ranged strength, 3 . Starts with the Commando promotion. (costs 240 to build on standard speed)
  • Staatsmuseum: replaces the Archeological Museum.
    • Provides +2% Food Growth for every 2 Tourism produced by this city (max 20%)
    Can hold any kind of and is always themed when full. (same as a regular museum)
Leader Unique
  • Foreign Volunteer: standalone unit, unlocks at Rifling. 65 . (costs 300 at standard speed)
Optional things (possibly harder to make)
  • Gain 1 free Foreign Volunteer per city per declaration of friendship when war is declared on you, provided that you have unlocked Rifling.
  • Introduce new bonus resources that spawn at intervals on Boer farms (such as yams, corn etc.)

Included below is my humble attempt at making this civ, based on the example civ from Modbuddy, it includes several name lists and a base for the uniques.

Attachments

• ZAR.zip
    59.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Top Bottom