Idea: Victory screens?

Whew. I'll stay quiet now and let you ponder making the Wonder screens work. It'll kill me, but I can stay quiet...

So i im well fed now and have a question for you Woodelf.

Were do you want the information box for the wonder to be placed?

Richt now i gve it to the upper left but bottom right may be better.

What do you think?

Attachments

• wonderscreen.jpg
    wonderscreen.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 210
Bottom center or bottom right may be better. What if the screen itself were more rectangular, but had that star center stay the same (square), and then put the info box below it without overlapping the center graphic?

All in all that's a great start Chalid!

Im reusing the old wonder scrren at the moment (as this seemed the simplest solution, so id did not want to change the size of the img, as it allows to use Vanilla Videos as well. Rebuilding it from scratch would be possible, but maybe to big an effort. And most important the only interesting thing is that a picture is shown and that you get notifed for building a wonder. The information is rather unimportat as you usually already know it when you start the wonder, dont you ;)

For the second one the problem might be that the text will be extremly hard to read if that part of the pic is bright. on the other hand as stated above you usually know what the wonder does anyway.

The star would of course be the wonder pic. i just choose the first dds i stumbled over, just in case you are wondering...

I think it might depend on the pic for which placement is best. The upper left placement text looks clearer in your screenies, but I think bottom anywhere is better since we can make the pics have less importance at the bottom of the screen.

Ok here you go
just drop it into phython/Screens

the respective dds have to be set in xml/art/CIV4WonderMovies.xml
And the right string in the <WonderMovie>-Tag of the CIV4Buildings.xml has to be set.

The size for the images is
width 720
Height 480
so best choose multiples of them. And when using gimp choose DXT1 compression for your dds.

We can adjust the placement of the info box later on without problems.

Attachments

• CvWonderMovieScreen.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 157
Wow, that was fast! Thanks Chalid. Of course now I have to work instead of play....

Slave driver! :p

I'm sure I'll have more noob questions. I can think of some already, but I'll try to solve them myself first.

It actually was not much of a change. the only thing was making sure that the info box appears (which did not in vanilla when you use static videos) and playing around with its placement ;)

Here goes....

I took a pic from a CivIII mod, converted it to dds, and set it up in XML.

I'll post a screenie if it works. ;)

Damn, no pop-up screen.

So I took the Civ4BuildingXML and added ART_DEF_MOVIE_CAT_LIB to the Catacomb Library.

In ArtDefinesMovie xml I created a ART_DEF_MOVIE_CAT_LIB and set the path to a folder with the library.dds

I also put your screen into the Python screens folder.

Okay, what blond noob thing did I forget?

did you set just the path or did you add that library.dds at the end, too?
Otehrwise i'll check if there is something else to be done. Have you enabled (or manually disabled) movies in your civ4 ini?

I created a folder Assets\art\movies\Wonders and put the dds there. In the ArtDefines I set the path to Assets/Art/Movies/Wonders/Library.dds.

I haven't ever touched my movie settings in civ4 ini.

How did you get your screenies?

If we wanted we could also use teh religios video scheme, tehrefor only a nif is needed. But i think we best try to get Woodlefst static Wonder screens running as they are cheap to produce.

Wonder are bik video and religions are just nif.

But if Woodelf find some image i can edit them and make a really small video (only an image transition and maybe add a soundtrack)

Here an example of what I can do. It's an animated gif so it not the same quality than a bik video and there no sound on the preview but i can add some sounds too.

Top Bottom