1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

If civ was real life.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by fuzzatron717, Dec 19, 2013.

1. LoneRebel

LoneRebel Emperor

It's because China somehow managed to get Freedom tenets like Capitalism and Economic Union, despite following Order. :crazyeye:

2. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

^These both sound like second tier tenets from the freedom and order ideologies.

3. SULOMON

SULOMON Mod Civs Best Civs.

They switched to freedom and are just pretending to be following order.

4. Calouste

Calouste Deity

That could be a cool UA for a civ, being able to pick from tenets from all the ideologies without being affected by ideological pressure. You'd still need to pick two tier 1 tenets before you can pick a tier 2 tenet etc. I suggest Yugoslavia with Joseph Tito as the leader as the appropriate civ. Probably call the UA "Non-Aligned Movement".

5. Silverman6083

Silverman6083 History-Lover

Yeah fun fact, when we won the space race, we actually just bought the parts. We still don't know from who though.

6. Primacide

Primacide Settler

D-Day would have been very difficult. "Sorry, dude. It's my tile. Maybe we should do this on a bigger map."

7. LoneRebel

LoneRebel Emperor

On the plus side, at least British Machine Guns upgraded from Longbowmen would have been able to shoot the Germans across the English Channel. ;)

8. Magean

Magean Prince

If Civ were real life, the protesters in East Germany would have joyfully joined the army after a successful crack down.

9. happyturtle

happyturtle Mrs GrumpyOldCivver

If Civ were real life, horses would all be invisible to me, since I don't know anything about caring for livestock. :p

10. otaman1

otaman1 Prince

If civ were real life, 99.92% of Earth's history would have never occur.

11. senshidenshi

senshidenshi Switched the Red and Blue channels

I can use the Internet therefore I can telecommunicate therefore I know about Ecology therefore I'm an expert on Atomic Theory therefore I can work electronics therefore I can fly a plane therefore I can use Steam Power therefore I know Scientific Theory therefore I am an architect therefore I own a bank therefore I am chivalrous therefore I am a civil servant therefore I can ride a horse therefore I can trap foxes therefore I know how to Animal Husbandry.

12. danaphanous

danaphanous religious fanatic

All future research will be called: Future Tech X for efficiency's sake, and the news will report quotes from George Bush every time we do something new...

13. blackchimes

blackchimes Chieftain

If civ was real life, Russia would have to constantly deal with barbarian SAM launchers coming for their cities from the siberia.

14. candle86

candle86 Prince

If civ was real life, France could win a war.

15. SULOMON

SULOMON Mod Civs Best Civs.

France does fine already in real life.

16. Magean

Magean Prince

For most of its history, France did better than crappy Nappy does in game.

17. HeraldtheGreat

HeraldtheGreat King

If Civ was real life, Poland would have probably conquered all of Europe by now.

18. otaman1

otaman1 Prince

If civ were real life, 146 countries today would not exist and there would be 16 new countries most people have never heard of.

19. Chris3894

Chris3894 Warlord

If Civ was real life America would have it's 6015th birthday next year and XCOM soldiers would be around by now

20. zukkus

zukkus Chieftain

if civ was real life, an archer could shoot at you and you couldnt hurt him for a year. Meanwhile, a B-17 bomber would drop bombs on a pikeman and he would throw torches back, doing 10% damage.