If life were a game of Civ3 :)

Since the US currently has a couple of space probes that have reached interstellar space in the Voyager and Pioneer series, in a sense, the US has won the Space Race.

I'd quibble on that. They've reached the termination shock but not crossed the heliopause yet. They're only about 15 light hours out at this point. . . .

kk

The Mayans are still around, not much of them, its true, perhaps as an OCC. I guess we will find out if the world ends in 2012, I'm looking forward to the final tally lol.

The only way the Americans can win is by conquest, building Mcdonalds and Starbucks in every world capital I think.

right as i see it

Dominion
World Area: russia 11.5%
World Pop: china 19.63%

Cultural
One City: London/New York/Paris
Entire Civ: China/UK/France/India/Japan

Score
Far too debatable

Space Race
1. USA 2.Russia 3.Japan 4.Europe?

Diplomatic
Currently: South Korea

Conquest
Remaining countries: 193

I think thats roughly right. It is very difficult to find any kind of source on the culture for an entire civ.

Diplomatic Advisor: The Argentinians are annoyed with us. :blush:

I think it's definitely arguable that the US has won a 100k cultural victory, less so on the UN victory. Obviously no one has won a domination or conquest, we haven't colonized anywhere but earth... maybe New York for 20k? But you could argue that for a number of cities in the world...

Maybe the US has a VP victory for getting into so many wars. Maybe China won already and the rest of the world is going to figure it out in the next century. [histographic if nothing else]

Personally I think that since you can't actually 'win' in the real world, it pointless to try and compare.
yes, we are annoyed with you:)

Maybe the US hasn't won the game, but only cause we didn't even plant a settler until 1619--what is that, turn 300?

OTOH, if China wins the real world Civ3 game, you gotta admit that's one hell of a come-from-behind victory! Until the Boxer Rebellion 110 turns ago, they didn't even own their own coastal cities! Then they immediately got run over by Japan, which had to have been running a late-game Golden Age, for the 6 turns from 1934-1944. So basically they didn't even break into the Industrial Age techs until 62 turns ago.

Damn, if I ever pulled that off, I'd be stickied into the legendary games right at the top. I do concede that George W Bush's presidency can only be explained by AI stupidities.

huh? :lol:

Top Bottom