1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm Back And Got This Game Running In Linux Ubuntu

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by dgang, Dec 6, 2019.

1. dgang

dgang Chieftain

I have been trying to get this game running on my Linux Ubuntu system. The way I did it is by getting it on Steam and running it using the Steam Proton compatibility layer. I am posting so that others will know the recipe to get the game running.

krikav likes this.
  2. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

Glad to have you back! :D
    I did make some (futile) attempts at getting the game running on my linux machine myself. But eventually I caved in and migrated to a new windows system.
    Good to know that it can be done!

dgang likes this.
  3. dgang

dgang Chieftain

I think of it sometimes. For example, I haven't figured out how to install the BUG mod in this case yet. It would sure be nice to have. If there is somebody on the forums that knows how to do it I hope they will see this and comment :)

4. dgang

dgang Chieftain

EDIT! I GOT IT! I figured out how to install the BUG Mod in Linux Ubuntu over the Steam Proton compatibility layer :) I can't get it to run on my already started games but in a new game here it is (not sure of how everything in the MOD works yet though):
    Screenshot from 2019-12-17 18-02-44.png