• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

I'm Curious.... with a poll

Will you play more MP now that Civ 4 has better MP capabilities?

• I'm all for the multiplayer

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I'll play more multiplayer than single player

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I'll play an even mix of the two

Votes: 31 21.5%
  • I'll play more single player than multiplayer

Votes: 61 42.4%
  • I'm all for the single player

Votes: 44 30.6%
  • I really don't care

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

andy52584

Chieftain
I just started this because of the discussion in the "Just Curious" thread. If a mod can merge the poll there, that'd be great, or whatever. (I honestly dont entirely know how these forums work)

So, the question is. Will you play more MP now that Civ 4 has better MP capabilities?

I really don't understand why people don't want to try more multiplayer, every strat game I can think of is better against real humans. But, ya, i'll play more multi if I can find a good group, clan, whatever that plays well.

I chose "more SP than MP", not because I foresee anything wrong with the MP in Civ4. It's just that giving the nature of the game, I doubt a lot of MP games can be finished.

i will play SP and then... goto work =( i will get it at around 1 and then have to goto work at 2:30 =\

My Internet Is Garbage, So Multiplayer is Not An Option For Me.

I'll get use to all the Civs 1st then go for MP, but I like to just play SP for fun when I don't have a lot of time to play.

No... My parents always make me get off at the worst of times.

I'll give it a try (for the first time) since it seems to be better managed on CivIV... after I've gotten a feel for single player of course.

Well, the way I see it, you do a dual, or the third map option, and then play iwth like 10 people, that way you have a quick game of 1-2 cities, wicked diplomacy, but the game could be done in an hour or two. I imagine you can set time limits on turns...I hope...if not I hope it is patched in.

i'll only play MP with my friends cause of people leaving, people complaining, ect.

Only Single Player.

I am really looking forward to MP. I think CIV will be the best MP turn based strategy game ever...at least I hope. I can't wait to kick the tires, sit down and fire this baby up. The MP options seem to be endless!:goodjob:

I voted more SP than MP. Tons of SP. The MP will mostly be LAN games with my roomates. I dont wanna get absolutely schooled by you hardcore players.

besides the beta testers, no one has ever played this game, so there aren't any hardcore players yet. You may as well give it a shot while everyone is new at it, you might end up seeing you're a "hardcore" player as well.

Probably single player more that multi-player. I like to build an empire without having to deal with people, but I will be doing multi at some point too. Just not right off.

I put it at even mix. gotta practice on sp things I learn on mp and vice versa. Couldnt stay away. listening to game and going to bed right after - unless it goes xtra innings - then I go to bed during....Go Sox.

Top Bottom