I'm playing Civ3 using DX7 - not 8

stwils

Emperor
When I installed the game, it asked if I wanted DX8 installed. I said NO.

The game installed beautifully, and it looks great on my laptop. Clear, clean, graphics. And the sound and music are fine.

I was uneasy about putting DX8 on my computer, and thought I'd give playing with just DX7.

It works so far. Of course I have only played the tutorial. And maybe another part of the game will need DX8 and things will crash. We'll see.

Why do you think if runs so well (so far) with DX7?

And are there areas in the game that may be trouble spots - crash spots - without DX8?

stwils

So do you know how to remove Directx 8 from a computer? I'm having problems getting to run the game period so i'm willing to try anything at this point. I want to run the game on directx 7 like you are but i am unable to remove Dx 8. i've tried to simply delete all the directx folders i see but the computer still doesn't recognize that they are deleted be appreciated. Thanks!

ok i just removed directx 8 and it still won't play just off of directx 7. this is really frustrating. Maybe they wll release Civ 3 on Gamecube. Playing games on consoles is so much easier!!

Top Bottom