I'm Taking for requests for models.

@ghost toast Thank you for the thorough tutorial. :) I will look into that when I can. It is really good and useful, and I always love that. I want to learn to understand the process so I can do it too. I will practice when I can.

I mean to say though, if I modify the city sets and send them to you, do you think that we could get them skinned and put them in? Though if you don't have the time, that's fine too. :)

Ya we can probably do that.
But just know city sets as far as I know can only be put into the game through the dlc method like the enhanced 2k mod here, and must replace an existing city set.

If you figure out how to add more cultural art styles for the city sets then we won't have to replace an existing one. I haven't been able to discover that secret yet. But replacing existing city sets with new ones is possible.

As long as you don't mind having to place it into your dlc folder and remove it from your dlc folder when you do and don't want to use it.

Yeah that all sounds doable to me. :) I was intending to replace existing ones anyway. Just to see how it turns out / offer variety. I will try to make the Ancient and Renaissance Asian city sets resemble Japanese Architecture more instead of Chinese. Should be good for scenarios, and my personal amusement. Thank you. :)

When your done you can send them to me and I'll set them up for you.
Each building must be 1 object/mesh. Also if you want civ only uses 20 buildings per city set.
We can do more then 20 buildings if you'd like civ will accept it I have done it myself.

Ill probably message you with a few buildings one day.
Idk if I have any off hand but I probably have some buildings some where you can use for this. I know don't have 20 but I might have a few laying around in my collection of unorganized random models.

i will get to this improvement one day. looks pretty easy.
civ allows for 2 different era models. if you add 1 third era model you run into issues you must address.
you can do more era models if you over come that issue. the Lua method swapping it to a new improvement once the era is hit is easy to do that's gives you 2 more eras to work with each time, with out having to do much work.

a great example of this being used is the village to town or trading posts to towns or one of the several variants. the only difference is the lua incorporates a counter system. if you know very little about lua or want to be able to still possible use the counter system later you can just change the thresh hold to 1 and change the improvements used in it to your improvements. if you keep the counter system up the graphic change is delayed by 1 turn but that's not to bad it just changes the graphics the turn after you enter the era not the exact turn you enter it.

what 2 or more eras do you want. this looks east enough i can just swap out the buildings for different era buildings real easy and swap out old boats for more modern ones.
i can do ancient and an industrial version.
ancient and modern.
i cant promise nothing but it looks very do-able as at least a 2 different era model, if you want it to be easy and not go through the hassle that come with the additional eras.
Sorry for the delay! To be honest, I don't even think we need different era models for it - it should be fine just having the huts and boats that the images have. Worst case scenario, it's an idyllic little corner of earlier times!

Sorry for the delay! To be honest, I don't even think we need different era models for it - it should be fine just having the huts and boats that the images have. Worst case scenario, it's an idyllic little corner of earlier times!

Ok I'll do that

Yeah that all sounds doable to me. :) I was intending to replace existing ones anyway. Just to see how it turns out / offer variety. I will try to make the Ancient and Renaissance Asian city sets resemble Japanese Architecture more instead of Chinese. Should be good for scenarios, and my personal amusement. Thank you. :)
If you can send me the blend file or the fbx file not the gr2.
If you do send me a gr2 file I can still work with that but the blend or an fbx file will be best.

That way it's easier for me to get it into blender, ill make sure everything you did is set up correctly.
if its not ill private message you and walk you through the process just for future reference, I'll fix anything wrong with what you send me.
Its nothing complicated but the meshes do need to be set up a certain way.

When you import the cities from civ to blender don't adjust the size.
It's bad they import so large but not messing with the size ensure they come back out exactly the same size they should be.
Its just easier to not touch the size. Although they usually look weird in blender being so large.

If you mess with the size it's then a guessing game to get them the same exact size back into civ.

siheyuan v1 for pineappledan

its a little large but you can shrink it in the defines. this pictures are of it at 1.0 but you can make it larger or smaller what ever you want in the defines.

im not a huge fan of the color scheme but i tried to make it match civ's Asian city sets
I was thinking of design implementation for this siheyuan, and was wondering if you could make a version with 4 siheyuan in a square, with the 2 next to each other fused, but with a bit of space between the ones above/below each other on the tile? This forms an east-west alleyway. The south facing direction is correct, they should all be facing that way.

The reason being I was thinking of implementing the improvement as a sort of neighbourhood around a city, so making them smaller and clustering them next to each other would form hutongs on the map. I think with them being coloured similarly to the East Asian city model, it will make a nice effect.

Last edited:
I was thinking of design implementation for this siheyuan, and was wondering if you could make a version with 4 siheyuan in a square, with the 2 next to each other fused, but with a bit of space between the ones above/below each other on the tile? This forms an east-west alleyway. The south facing direction is correct, they should all be facing that way.

The reason being I was thinking of implementing the improvement as a sort of neighbourhood around a city, so making them smaller and clustering them next to each other would form hutongs on the map. I think with them being coloured similarly to the East Asian city model, it will make a nice effect.

so you want 4 of them in 1 tile like a neighborhood or do you want 4 buildings inside what i made?

4 of them in 1 tile. Hutongs are neighbourhoods made by multiple siheyuan in a line

5.jpg

like this or all on the same side?
i can do it thats just quick copy and paste

4 of them in 1 tile. Hutongs are neighbourhoods made by multiple siheyuan in a line

i should have quoted you in the above posts so you would be alerted to the response
ill just do it now

View attachment 637820

like this or all on the same side?
i can do it thats just quick copy and paste
They should all be facing the same direction. You rotated ones so they all gave the same street, but that’s not necessary. The alleyway can be a little smaller, but otherwise that’s exactly right.

They should all be facing the same direction. You rotated ones so they all gave the same street, but that’s not necessary. The alleyway can be a little smaller, but otherwise that’s exactly right.
i keep forgetting to quote you for the alert. my bad again. above i changed it again and took a pic

i got to test a few things on it. its not placing well on hills. ill see what i can do. ill probably have to make a platform for them to sit on.
i also compared it to the Asian city set. mine is brighter then the Asian city set i could darken it up if you'd want?

Last edited:
So I've made some of the models so far for the new Ancient Japanese Cityset. I wonder if i'm doing it correctly / in a way that will be easy for you to work with?

Here is what I have so far, and reference photos to help. If you wish to alter them in any way, that's just fine with me. More detail/accuracy or less is just fine, if you want to. :)

Attachments

• JP Ancient.zip
    9.6 MB · Views: 17
Top Bottom