I'm Taking for requests for models.

ghost toast

Prince
Hello civ 5 community.

I enjoy making models.

Post here for any improvements, features, and resources you want made.
I won't be doing units.
I'll make new units thread if I do.

I'll make you the graphic.
If possible include a concept art picture and a good and detailed description.

Don't just say I want it too look medieval or deco punk or sci-fi or something like that.
That's a style not a description.
That's is like 5% of the description I need.

Your description should focus on the 3 demensional structures you want. We can talk color when it's completed.

If I do make any graphics for people.
Note that you may or may not have to color it yourself.
I might be kind enough to do it. depends on how busy i am.

You are also responsible for getting it into the game.
If you ask for a world wonder building then don't know how to put world wonders in the game do not ask here.

Last edited:
To clarify, you're offering just to make the 3D model in blender, but converting, adding bones/animating, exporting, and texturing would be on us? That's a small portion of the total work, but okay

Two things that come to mind are that it would be great to have a Tulou improvement, and a Siheyuan. The two are veru distinct pieces of Chinese architecture, and the Siheyuan in particular would be a very versatile model.

It would be nice to have a stupa improvement. There are tons of different kinds and styles, but probably an old Indian form, perhaps using the Sanchi stupa as a base:
Spoiler :

I know you said you aren't doing any units, but what about units that have minimal/no unique animations?
Spoiler :

Civ 5 currently only has 1 multi-hulled ship model: The polynesian civ has a unique embarked model of a catamaran:
Spoiler :

It would be really great if there were more multi-hulled ships, like an outrigger canoe, or a trimaran. Here are some examples:

Here is a reconstruction of a paraw, a traditional trimaran from the Philippines:
Spoiler :

And here is an illustration of a Karakoa, a Visayan trimaran warship:
A Karakoa would be really interesting to see, because the placement of the oars is so unusual, you can see the rowers suspended over the beams that connect the outriggers to the main hull.
Spoiler :

For a more conventional looking outrigger canoe, you could look at a Maori Waka Ama. The Waka Ama fell out of use before Europeans encountered them, so there aren't any good reproductions of one, but they would look like a contemporary Waka canoe with a single outrigger on one side
Here is a picture of a Maori war canoe -- a Waka Taua -- in a museum. Note the slightly raised stern and the tall bow that sticks out almost like a totem pole. That's a very distinctive feature of Maori canoes, which would make a cool addition
Spoiler :

I will do the bones and make sure it can be imported to civilization.
I may or may not do the texture.
Depends on when you get me. I may or may not have the time. You might have to do it yourself or you can wait for me.

If it's an easy texture I'll definitely do it for you. Depending on my schedule I will do complex texture or dds files

The model you requested will probably have a very easy texture or dds file.

I'll get on my PC and post an example of what I mean by complicated. And edit and attach the file here as an example. More then likely no one will request anything I consider complicated like the example I'll show

Edit*
upload_2022-7-10_17-15-37.png

disclaimer i did not make that but is is going to be used in my mod.
it is the dds or texture file for a general ship repair model. i would never chunk that much stuff into 1 texture file i would separate everything to make it way easier

here is how it looked in game.
i did not make this i found it in my collection

compared to that person although i used his model i would have separated everything into different objects not used 1 mesh. all the equipment is the same object as the building ground and everything else which is what makes that dds file look really jumbled

Last edited:
My problem with units is that every attempt I have made and rigging units to animations has failed. I hope to be able to achieve that one day.
if you know someone willing to do it or willing to walk me through the process i would be delighted to do unit for your and bring in all the ones Ive always wanted to bring in.

I have tons of unit, with and with out animations i'd love to bring in.
Where i fall short is i am not clear on how to properly set up the animation in blender to be exported.

I have also attempted rigging things to existing civilization skeletons like I've seen people do, but so far i have failed and failed again. im getting closer the units Ive tried work in nexus buddy granny viewer and even move with the animation but not in the game in the game they dont show up.

Last edited:
To clarify, you're offering just to make the 3D model in blender, but converting, adding bones/animating, exporting, and texturing would be on us? That's a small portion of the total work, but okay

Two things that come to mind are that it would be great to have a Tulou improvement, and a Siheyuan. The two are veru distinct pieces of Chinese architecture, and the Siheyuan in particular would be a very versatile model.

It would be nice to have a stupa improvement. There are tons of different kinds and styles, but probably an old Indian form, perhaps using the Sanchi stupa as a base:
Spoiler :

I know you said you aren't doing any units, but what about units that have minimal/no unique animations?
Spoiler :

Civ 5 currently only has 1 multi-hulled ship model: The polynesian civ has a unique embarked model of a catamaran:
Spoiler :

It would be really great if there were more multi-hulled ships, like an outrigger canoe, or a trimaran. Here are some examples:

Here is a reconstruction of a paraw, a traditional trimaran from the Philippines:
Spoiler :

And here is an illustration of a Karakoa, a Visayan trimaran warship:
A Karakoa would be really interesting to see, because the placement of the oars is so unusual, you can see the rowers suspended over the beams that connect the outriggers to the main hull.
Spoiler :

For a more conventional looking outrigger canoe, you could look at a Maori Waka Ama. The Waka Ama fell out of use before Europeans encountered them, so there aren't any good reproductions of one, but they would look like a contemporary Waka canoe with a single outrigger on one side
Here is a picture of a Maori war canoe -- a Waka Taua -- in a museum. Note the slightly raised stern and the tall bow that sticks out almost like a totem pole. That's a very distinctive feature of Maori canoes, which would make a cool addition
Spoiler :

pineappledan's post was perfect he gave me all that is needed to begin work. your request should be similar to his. having a visual reference or a very detailed description if no reference exists is what i need to begin work on things. i will private message people for more details and ask what changes you want made once i have something to present.

I will be giving you a gr2 game ready model. i test the model in game and take pictures of how it looks in game.
I do this to test the model and to see how it looks in game.
not everything comes in looking as great as imagined if that's the case i usually don't show it and start over. and try again.

Last edited:
ya that looks good. I can make that work as a start. and it will already have the civ look. ill stretch it out and see if i can get some buildings in the middle.

Hi @ghost toast. I received a note from another user that you would be willing to make some 3D models. The thing is, I managed to adapt some of the existing models present on the forum and add some new Natural Wonders to the game. There are currently 7 of them, but only one is a good quality, that doesn't need any improvement. You can see what was added here at the bottom of the post.

I was looking for people who would be able to edit/add models to my mod. Even I myself tried to do something, but it was a dead end. If you, after reading what's needed, would still be eager to help, it could be and awesome major update to the mod!

Ok, to the point. What I would need is:
  • reworking Mount Everest model. Current one is 1-tile model, but really ugly and unfitting to the neighbourhood. The plan I had in mind was to make a 3-tile (trinagle) model, but it could be left for another time. The priority is to improve a model for it.
  • Giant's Causeway is a 2-tile model, where one tile is land one, and second is sea one. It also needs rework, because currently it uses same model for both. What's more, the tiles can be set up in different geometric configuration, so models must be universal. They are not so ugly like Mount Everest, but still...
  • Bermuda Triangle (3-tile) and Bioluminescent Bay (1-tile) are two new water-based Natural Wonders. The problem is, I couldn't achieve the effect comparing to the Great Barrier Reef. They are barely visible on the map, because I could do only some texture paintings.
  • Dallol and Lake Retba (both 1-tile) are land Natural Wonders, which suffer from the same issue like Bermuda Triangle or Bioluminescent Bay, but because they are not hidden underwater, they are at leat visible. Ugly, but visible.
  • Salar de Uyuni is currently the best looking wonder, and I don't think it needs any improment. Maybe a little 3D work could be done, but no rush.
  • I had once plan for the Eye of Sahara (3-tile wonder) and many, many more on the list placed in the post I linked you. The priority would be to make all currently added beautiful. Then we could think of something new.
To see how they look like now, you need to download Vox Populi mod, and my More Wonders modmod, and generate some huge continents map.
Spoiler Some examples :

I don't expect much. I added them 2 years ago, and since then I have not been doing great progress in that matter. Any help appreciated.

Can you include the .fbx file in the zip? I need to run it through blender again in order to generate the build and improvement icons

Attachments

• Stupa fbx.7z
    941.4 KB · Views: 25
This stuff really looks awesome. Unfortunately I know nothing about the art side of modding beyond what you've written, so I'm in no hurry to make requests. But here is one small one:

For the Stupa v1 pictures you posted, I really love that first picture you have. It looks a lot like some of the ideas I've had for forts--I'm sort of keeping my eyes open for ideas of what new fort possibilities could look like. So, perhaps you could send me the texture for that first Stupa picture? I don't know what I'd do except hold onto it until I found someone that knew what they were doing.

This stuff really looks awesome. Unfortunately I know nothing about the art side of modding beyond what you've written, so I'm in no hurry to make requests. But here is one small one:

For the Stupa v1 pictures you posted, I really love that first picture you have. It looks a lot like some of the ideas I've had for forts--I'm sort of keeping my eyes open for ideas of what new fort possibilities could look like. So, perhaps you could send me the texture for that first Stupa picture? I don't know what I'd do except hold onto it until I found someone that knew what they were doing.

the textures are in the download zip attached to the post with the model

tolou
made using globe theatre as a base as suggested
I removed parts of it
I widened the middle
then i added 2 buildings from asia city set to the middle

Spoiler :

upload_2022-7-15_4-12-20.jpeg
upload_2022-7-15_4-12-20.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2022-7-15_4-10-45.jpeg
    upload_2022-7-15_4-10-45.jpeg
    355.3 KB · Views: 62
  • upload_2022-7-15_4-10-45.jpeg
    upload_2022-7-15_4-10-45.jpeg
    363.3 KB · Views: 61
  • upload_2022-7-15_4-10-45.jpg
    upload_2022-7-15_4-10-45.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Tulou.zip
    353.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Oh wow the forum is back up again. This is going to take some getting used to.

I got the stupa into the game, just working on animating the pillage animation right now:
Spoiler :

1657906549288.png

There is an issue with the model, in that the models don't have a skirt that goes down and clips through the map. so the stupa only can be built on flat land, because it floats on hills, and sometimes on coastlines, because it doesn't have a foundation that extends beneath the map layer:
Spoiler :

1657906710535.png

StupaImprovement_128.png

Stupa improvement. Added the necessary fxsxml, pillage smoke, icons, and barebones code/text to get it into the game

Attachments

• Stupa (v1).zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 25
First, thanks for proposing your services. Finding people willing to work on Civ V 3d modeling is so rare nowadays. :)

I find we are lacking in some Native American and African unique models. Here is a list I have in mind :
- Kraal, or some kind of southern African enclosure for cattle or village protection :
Spoiler picture :

1657925715313.png

- There is also the Great Zimbabwe variant :
Spoiler picture :
1657925948539.png

- Something related to farming in precolumbian America : either Three Sister Farming (squash, bean, corn) or something related to floating farming (like the Mexican Chinampas)
Spoiler picture :
1657926689231.png
1657926550117.png

Top Bottom