I'm Taking for requests for models.

i don't know how to post the pictures any more its not letting me.
so i attached them below along with the kraal zip.

its not the best looking but i couldn't figure out a way to add more huts without spilling out of the tile or shrinking the cows.
the cows are the same size as the normal cows but do not move sadly i was unable to do the animations right so i removed the modifiers for it and exported it as is, not moving.
i did shrink the fence down a bit to fit the huts in the tile space.

The art defines scale is 0.08 the exact same as the civilization cows and pasture.

each building uses its own dds file so you can mix and match and make your own textures if you'd like. i have provided a few.

Attachments

• 20220716235942_1.jpg
    20220716235942_1.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 20220717001036_1.jpg
    20220717001036_1.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 20220717001032_1.jpg
    20220717001032_1.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 20220717000920_1.jpg
    20220717000920_1.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220717000913_1.jpg
    20220717000913_1.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20220717000231_1.jpg
    20220717000231_1.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 20220717000228_1.jpg
    20220717000228_1.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 20220717000141_1.jpg
    20220717000141_1.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 20220717000103_1.jpg
    20220717000103_1.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220717000002_1.jpg
    20220717000002_1.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 28
i don't know how to post the pictures any more its not letting me.
so i attached them below along with the kraal zip.

its not the best looking but i couldn't figure out a way to add more huts without spilling out of the tile or shrinking the cows.
the cows are the same size as the normal cows but do not move sadly i was unable to do the animations right so i removed the modifiers for it and exported it as is, not moving.
i did shrink the fence down a bit to fit the huts in the tile space.

The art defines scale is 0.08 the exact same as the civilization cows and pasture.

each building uses its own dds file so you can mix and match and make your own textures if you'd like. i have provided a few.
I looks very good. :thumbsup:
The only thing that may be a bit strange is the bottom hut that is elongated and so has a bit of a weird door. That said, I'm nitpicking.

Does it work with other Pasture resources (Sheep and Horse) ?

The only thing that may be a bit strange is the bottom hut that is elongated and so has a bit of a weird door. That said, I'm nitpicking.

No it doesn't but it could.
It only works on cows. I can make some for the sheep and horses.
Sadly the resources need the resource with the improvement model so each resource needs to be done separately

If you take this one and set if for another resource it will change the resource to look like cows.

I can do those other reaources if you'd like.

I can fix that hut door. Or remove that completely which would you like.
I can change it to another normal sized hut.
I thought the wierd shape would change it up a little and make it look like more then 1 type of hut was used.
I started with just the 1 hut and stretched it different ways. Reshaped it a little.

I can reshape the door or just change out that building.

The cows also don't move :(
I tried my best to try and animate the cows. 79 failed exports later I'm still no closer to having animations.
All 3 cows at one point had everything set up when I was trying to get the animations. Now only 1 cows has all the cow bones just cause I was lazy and didn't delete em.

Last edited:
View attachment 634205
Stupa improvement. Added the necessary fxsxml, pillage smoke, icons, and barebones code/text to get it into the game

I had a chance to look at the xml, sql, ftsxml, fxsxml, icons and the pillaged texture.
Great work love the pillaged texture.

fixed door on the hut for you. you wanted to front elongated one fixed right?
i made it less wide

fixed right

Attachments

• 20220718175656_1.jpg
    20220718175656_1.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Kraalv2_Small_Door.7z
    6.2 MB · Views: 13
Cool cows, or pasture rather.

Here's something for you:

can you change the numbers that appear on yield icons?

sddefault.jpg

Currently I think that the highest number a yield icon shows is 9, and after that the icon just has a star on it instead. Is it possible for it to show two digits instead, so it can display as high as 99 yield?

Idk I'm not sure how those icons work. I would think they could be changed but I'm not sure.
Icons can be made with any number but idk if the game can be set up to handle and use more numbers easily.
I've never tried to change icons in that way before.
I've never added my own yield icon either. Maybe some one more experienced with yield icons can explain how and I'll do it. It should just be a matter of making a new icon atlas for them with the added numbers then assigning the yields to it somehow. The problem being I don't know enough
about the yield icons to assign new icon numbers past the " * ".
If some one could explain that part I'll create the icons it won't be hard just a lot of copy and pasting and adding a number again and again lol.

Having more specific yield icons would be great it would take some guessing work out of things and save time on checking the specific yields you see the " * " for instead of a number

Last edited:
Could I request models of any Natural Wonders? I want to add to LamilLerran's Wondrous Nature mod. https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/wondrous-nature.573645/
Ya I can see what I can do, first I'll be fixing the stuppa then doing wonders for adan_eslavo and his mod more wonders for vp I'll link it below. You might possibly be interested in that he has a few in the mod. And he asked me to touch up the existing models.
Ya I'll do natural wonders.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/poll-more-wonders-for-vp.653498/#post-15633773

fixed door on the hut for you. you wanted to front elongated one fixed right?
i made it less wide

fixed right
Great. Thanks a lot ghost toast ! If one day you can do other versions of the Sheep and Horse, that would be perfect, but I'm already grateful enough for this. :)

Ya I can see what I can do, first I'll be fixing the stuppa then doing wonders for adan_eslavo and his mod more wonders for vp I'll link it below. You might possibly be interested in that he has a few in the mod. And he asked me to touch up the existing models.
Ya I'll do natural wonders.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/poll-more-wonders-for-vp.653498/#post-15633773
Do you happen to know how to extract the CIV V city set models with their textures? I'm dying to see the Asian Industrial and Asian Modern city sets up close, and also, if possible learn how to port them to CIV IV... :)

Hi, good see someone working on models! All these stuff is pretty alien to me, is it possible to make a plantation without the big building?
The current model is this:
coffee1.jpg

and I need something like this (poorly photoshopped). Small buildings can stay, they don't really matter.
coffee1 - Copy.jpg

If possible it would help us a lot in bringing more farm resources to Vox Populi. The plantation model is taken from More Luxuries, I've attached it if it helps

Attachments

• CoffeeModels.zip
    588.9 KB · Views: 7
Hi, good see someone working on models! All these stuff is pretty alien to me, is it possible to make a plantation without the big building?
The current model is this:
View attachment 634765

and I need something like this (poorly photoshopped). Small buildings can stay, they don't really matter.
View attachment 634766

If possible it would help us a lot in bringing more farm resources to Vox Populi. The plantation model is taken from More Luxuries, I've attached it if it helps
yes i can do that. ill get to it when i can there is a line forming sadly due to my slow progress.

sorry i havent been on in a month i had it out with verizon for a month over my barley working internet and long story short I'm now a xfinity house hold now.

i do have a new version of the stupa including the skirt for hills and some stairs added.
this one is for hills. can be used on fat ground aswell.
i think the original looks better on the flat ground then this one.
for correct hill placement look it had to be lifted up more because some hills the center is not the highest point which then makes the graphic look sunken down into the hill and on certain edges the hill came up over the wall.

i didn't test every hill type but it seemed to work with most let me know if you see the hill covering up and parts of the fence and ill lift it a little more.

ive never noticed just how much the hill go up and down in a single tile untill i started placing things on them lol its always a pain to get it just right. they are more up and down and 3 dimensional then they appear. its hard to noticed just how much they wind up and down until you start putting stuff on them then it really sticks out
20220810160127_1.jpg
20220810160136_1.jpg
20220810160145_1.jpg
20220810160147_1.jpg
20220810160157_1.jpg
20220810160214_1.jpg
20220810160221_1.jpg

Attachments

• Stupa_V2.7z
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Do you happen to know how to extract the CIV V city set models with their textures? I'm dying to see the Asian Industrial and Asian Modern city sets up close, and also, if possible learn how to port them to CIV IV... :)
Yes you can extract them using a few different programs dragon unpacker is good and easy to use.
Enter your civ 5 directory then go to resource/common
Then extract the city set fpk models.
I can piece them out for you if not it's 20 buildings dead center right on top of one another. It is set up as 20 models per city set gr2 file. civ 5 randomly pulls from the 20 and places them they do not appear in game as they do in blender or Nexus mod buddy. In blender and Nexus buddy the cities are placed overlapping.
You can use Nexus buddy to open the gr2 file then you can export it to a nb2 file.
Open blender and Import that nb2 file in blender.
Then you can export it as an fbx and open the fbx in Nexus buddy save and view. Must be done per building in the set if you want just the building by itself.

Speaking of city sets I've been creating some custom city sets on and off for my post-apcolypic over haul mod.
I will one day get around to revamping civ 5' city sets and making better buildings.

Last edited:
Yes you can extract them using a few different programs dragon unpacker is good and easy to use.
Enter your civ 5 directory then go to resource/common
Then extract the city set fpk models.
I can piece them out for you if not it's 20 buildings dead center right on top of one another. It is set up as 20 models per city set gr2 file. civ 5 randomly pulls from the 20 and places them they do not appear in game as they do in blender or Nexus mod buddy. In blender and Nexus buddy the cities are placed overlapping.
You can use Nexus buddy to open the gr2 file then you can export it to a nb2 file.
Open blender and Import that nb2 file in blender.
Then you can export it as an fbx and open the fbx in Nexus buddy save and view. Must be done per building in the set if you want just the building by itself.

Speaking of city sets I've been creating some custom city sets on and off for my post-apcolypic over haul mod.
I will one day get around to revamping civ 5' city sets and making better buildings.

Actually I just learned how to extract them, and did so. Took a while but now I can look at them, and they're beautiful. :) Except, I can't get the textures to load on the .nb2 files in blender, nor can I get the textures to load in the gr2 files in granny viewer... So, they're just gray now. I did extract the textures from DX files, and I put the textures in the same files as the models. What am I doing incorrectly? And, will these export as .obj with the texture still being readable?

Do you think it would be difficult to convert them to .nif Civ IV files?

yes i can do that. ill get to it when i can there is a line forming sadly due to my slow progress.

sorry i havent been on in a month i had it out with verizon for a month over my barley working internet and long story short I'm now a xfinity house hold now.
Oof internet problems are the worst, good luck! We actually found another workaround and don't need a model anymore, don't worry about it

Actually I just learned how to extract them, and did so. Took a while but now I can look at them, and they're beautiful. :) Except, I can't get the textures to load on the .nb2 files in blender, nor can I get the textures to load in the gr2 files in granny viewer... So, they're just gray now. I did extract the textures from DX files, and I put the textures in the same files as the models. What am I doing incorrectly? And, will these export as .obj with the texture still being readable?

Open blender open the odject you'd like to color.

Go to object mode and change it to texture paint mode.

Then go to slot section on the toolbar

Then go to canvas image and select the folder button icon and select the dds.

In edit mode you can select faces and it will show you on the dds file where each face you high light it positioned on the dds file.

For civ 4 you need to find the nif export script for blender if they still work.

Believe it or not the texture files don't hold anything of the information/data needed to texture the models. The model will use the same face position on any dds file. So you can use any dds file on any model they are not specific to one dds file.
The model know where it's faces are positioned on a dds so it can use any dds file. It uses what ever you have colored in those exact positions

Blender models I do not believe keep the texture when you import and export then.
But it is merely just re-added as described in the above message.

Picture the dds file a piece of paper that will be cut up and used to color your model. The model it's self knows how to do it and will to it for any dds file it's told to use regardless of if it looks good or not.

If a model you isn't set up for a texture file then you must use edit mode select all faces and unwrap it yourself.
You can choose where the faces are positioned on your texture file.

Open blender open the odject you'd like to color.

Go to object mode and change it to texture paint mode.

Then go to slot section on the toolbar

Then go to canvas image and select the folder button icon and select the dds.

In edit mode you can select faces and it will show you on the dds file where each face you high light it positioned on the dds file.

For civ 4 you need to find the nif export script for blender if they still work.
Thank you, it worked. They're so cool to look at. :D I love that Firaxis actually bothered to think about what that stuff would look like if these nations developed their tech on their own to that point. So cool to see East Asia, mostly Japan by the looks of the buildings, would possibly look like if they developed into the Industrial Age on their own.

So if I export to .nif, will I have to re-skin these models? And if so, is it difficult to do? I'm really lost on that bit.

Top Bottom