I'm Taking for requests for models.

Sorry every I regret having to inform every one, but some things have come up, and major changes have taken place in my like over the last 2-3 months.
I need to stop giving up your hopes and mine. I'm just lying to myself thinking I might find the time to still do this.

I tried to stay optimistic and think maybe I can find the time to open up blender to make things I can't even find the time to sleep anymore.

Sorry to those who I did not get too.
I would love to Continue doing this but it is just not working out that way for me.

For a few years I have been taking care of a family member with a type of dementia called Alzheimer's and recently a lot has changed you can say almost over night everything has changed.

At one point it was as easy as being there just to help him or clean up behind him and fix the things he does.
Which also gave me some free time. Too much free time actually.
while he was watching TV I could open my laptop and have some fun and get some things made.
now I have to be fully alert all day and all night. Which is very trying.
I wish I was capable of being awake all night and nap all day in few minutes intervals like him but I can't and it sucks.
I am truely sorry I must stop modelling for now. Civ 5 was the reason I learned how to use blender and it took a lot of time to teach it to myself. I am still determined to model for civ 5, but it just can't be any time soon. I will return 1 day when I can.
to those who allowed me to work on models and projects with them, thanks you all for letting me be a part of it.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope your family can get through this. Alzheimer's isn't a type of disease that can be easily cured.
Stay well, buddy. And thank you for your service to Civ V modding community, it's been hard to find someone who wants to do graphics stuff like models lately, so your presence is helpful to us.

I know it's hard to do what we want to do while also having to take care of someone. I've been in that situation, so it's very understandable.
Don't worry, you are not obligated to fulfill all requests from modders. As long you're having fun making it and do not feel burdened, it's fine. But for now, it's wise to stop taking model requests for more important IRL stuff.

Once again, thank you.

Sorry to hear that, Alzheimers is a super tough thing to have in the family. Make sure to look after yourself too, it's all too easy to forget about that side of things when caring for someone else in that sort of situation. I hope you're able to come back at some point, but real life always takes priority!

glad to see i already have a request.
sadly it looks like some one already did it.
you guys can post requests here or also start a conversation with me.

Hi @ghost toast I have a request I was wondering if you could do it.

I was thinking about civ 6's Persian improvement, the Pairideaza, and thinking how cool it would be if we had one in civ 5. And it turns out we kinda do!
1713827759983.png

Ekmek extracted and converted the Taj Mahal into a tile improvement:
1713827898868.png

and we already have graphics for a square garden tile carpet: the Chateau
1713827858493.png

All that is needed is to delete the platform and minarets, resize and position the main Taj Mahal building and replace the french castle building with it. Now you have a Persian-style architectural building in a Persian-style garden.

Last edited:
Ya. I can do that. Possibly give me some of reference to the style and era if the architecture and gardens.
Off the top of my head I can't think of a single Persian plant. I can use Google later.

Last edited:
I'm not suggesting you do any texture work, I'm just asking if you could lift the existing taj mahal model and put it on the Chateau's carpet, with no other alterations

The civ 6 tile improvement is a pretty good reference if any is needed. The point is the Chateau's garden design IS ALREADY a persian-style garden. The French tradition for garden design was lifted wholesale from Ottoman gardens who in turn were copying Persia's homework.

If you're curious, there are lots of famous examples of Persian-style square gardens. Look up charbagh garden or persian gardens on google image search.

Relative to the Chateau tile they tend to be longer than they are wide, but that won't fit within the hex tiles nicely. I don't think any modifications of the tile textures are necessary, especially at civ 5's scale.

Top Bottom