1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Im trying to make a World Wide Scenario

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Scenario Creation' started by Necropolis, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Well, the map looks massive. ;)

But why did you create it from a savegame? Now you can only play as the Americans. Also, if you start in 1939 I think there should be Germany (instead of Spain) + Italy to form the Axis.

Also you might want to add some installation instructions to the DL page. I noticed there's a Rules file included, but didn't know where to put it. :confused:

2. Necropolis

Necropolis Warlord

i just used the nations that were already in the game. i already said why i picked france over germany. cause they have a space program. i picked spain as aposed to Egypt or Aztecs. its not ment to be a world war 2 scenario. its 1939 cause that way jappanese empire is biggest. it has to be a saved game cause test of time already has a bunch of scenarios and i dont know how to mod that game besides its fun to play that game. i could create another one for the year 2025 but all the empires would be smaller from decolonization.besides each turn is only 1 year. germany is no longer relevant after world war 2.
    the rules file is included cause it has been modified. in this rules file i modified how much food each type of terrain produces so that more realistic population can be created. this rules file goes in the exstended original folder.

3. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I was afraid of that - the original Rules file should be backed up then. A pity you couldn't make the map by editing...

4. Necropolis

Necropolis Warlord

i made the map as good as i could though editing Giga map is really large it took me a month just to edit it the way it is. well the original rules file is in the game its just it needs to be modified. in real life a mega city region can have 10s of millions of people such as north pakistan or tokyo japan. or Newyork-Philidelphia even bangladesh is hevily populated. its gigamap so every tile represents thousands of square miles . play the scenario with the edited rules its better that way then cities dont starve when they have millions of people.
    the only way i edited the gigamap was north-south. but if i look more closely at duckflanders i could see if theres ways to edit east-west. gigamap is bigger in both directions. but antartica has been made 33% smaller. some ocean territory now actually touches the bottom of the map such as the weddell sea.where as before it was all glaciated land.

March 17
    im going to contine to devolop the map and make a futuristic version of this scenario set 15 years in the future in the year 2025. so far what i did to the scenario i made Tsingtao and shanghai further apart. i also started settlement in the countries of Chad and Kazachstan. the soviet union now has a population thats close to real life. US population continues to rise. Population in China is going up. i know i wont be able to get a billion people there but i cant get more its at 20.75 million but only 6 cities. if i can make russian population go higher i could merge two russian cites to use a slot to make another chinese city.1951 AD Commonwealth population at 475.31 million. i never had a population this high with the commonwealth on the regular map but Giga map is so much bigger. but the population includes some territorys that will have to leave the empire such as Isreal-Jordan and eventually Sudan after 1956

August 3
    Do you have a editor that you know will be compatible for Gigamap? id like to shorten the north south and lenthen the east west so i could make China larger. if sucsesful i could make the world just that much larger casue the surface area of the map would be the same but it would be a smaller part of the earth and places that are close to unihabited could be put off map. sure it would mean that you could no longer circumnavigate around the tip of south america but in return you get a world that is 132 people per squre mile of land or more rather then the 131.6 per mile i can only get upto in density now casue i cant edit the map. keep in mine each tile of space on the map represents thousand of squre miles so many people live on each tile even if each tile were only 7,000 squre miles that means 917,000 people per tile of land. but if a compatible editor is known i could rig it so that i get a higher density and more accurate population of world.

5. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

You know you can Save As Scenario via Cheat mode. That way you can play any civ on the map, plus then you don't have to replace the original Rules: you just put them in the scenario folder. ;)

6. Necropolis

Necropolis Warlord

im still playing this scenario. on working out the borders of my city's. the population of NYC-philidelphia is a 50 county region with a population of 29 million in real life. im thinking of not including the 3 conneticut counties and putting the population of them in the new england region. currently the world has been moved 9 tiles south and partially 10. china has a billion people they need land the most so i put more space in between Shanghai and fuzhou its still not large enough to be a big city this city is the the province of Zhejiang,China. i will have the space eventually. but then ill have to free up a slot by getting rid of a city. putting this city on the map also means India will be larger. im going to break up the city of Queensland- newsouth wales. queensland will go to outback states and newsouth wales will go to Victoria -tasmania. currently its the year 1976

April 16. i did manage to bring new zealand into antartic zone but i gave up on trying to put it on game casue now that administration is from city of Oceana located in Victoria state ,australia. in order for me to put newzealand back on map i would have to consolidate another pair of treg cities on centuarus. new zealand is a very small city only about 4 million people or so. mostly unihabited any ways

7. Necropolis

Necropolis Warlord

i would like to use the map im making to do other scenarios but im not finished with it i keep getting setbacks.

August 7
    GigaNice map is still not ready due to a global warming disaster i could not prevent happing in 2023 i could move the americas furthur south but it would mean making canada larger i think its a great idea casue the region bordering the Antartic zone is only estimated to be half a million people between of 45 south and 60 south lattitude but the main problem with the map is its so large that i cant find a utility program thats compattible to try change the dimensions of the map so at some point ill have to give up on trying to make the map like duck flanders nice world. but what ever i come up with it will be my official version of it. that i will use for world scenarios.

8. Necropolis

Necropolis Warlord

these cities are going to be in mega treg super continent on the traglopa (europe) part of the continent
    rome....(italy) called Ital-Treg
    Veii.....(south egypt)
    Antium...(greece
    Cumae....(north france ,low countries-germany)
    Neapolis..(libya -chad)
    Pompeii...(north egypt)
    pisae...... (morroco)
    Ravenna...(algeria)
    Hispalis....(real location south spain)
    Viroconium...(north of real location)
    Lugdunum....(south france)
    Lutetia......(western france)
    Byzantium.......(real location )
    Brundisium...........(real location
    Syracuse..........(balkans)
    Caesaraugusta....(real location north spain)
    its a fact of life land most be governed theres 255 slots so i use them best to make my 7 civilization game. two human civilizations on centaurus the khantze the khantze are now in 4 parts roman , treg ,gazphichi , br'til.
    romans evolved on this planet casue of the laws of paralele planetary development if the continents (land masses) evloved similarly and the world has humanoids why not have a similar cultures

ok i decided to make sudan the capital of the Treg instead of Germania so this world is more similar to earth

9. Necropolis

Necropolis Warlord

heres the time line of Centaurus

20,000 BC...Brtil Cvilization begins..(barbarian)
    15,000 BC..Zulu Civilization Begins
    10,000 BC...Azteco- br'til civilization ..begins...(aztec) they are kicked out of Br'tilus to fround new civilization they go to a new continent the gazphicius
    4,000 BC.....Treg civlization begins (Treg)
    1,000 BC...Romanotreg civilization begins (roman)
    500 AD..Gazpichi civilization begins...they break off treg and leave to brtilus to found new civilization(barbarian)
    500 Ad to present war between Gazphichi and aztec
    1000 -1800 AD war between Treg and gazphichi...gazphich are completely subjugated and asimilated but brtil put up heavy resistence and are never completly subjugated by 2100 AD by the time earthling humans arive
    1000 AD to present war between Treg and Br'til
    2100 AD..earthlings arive
    2100 Ad to present war between earthling cultures and Khantze cultures

right now theres conflict brewing over the englich city of Cameroon -Bangui part wants to remain barbarian city of bangui there conflict over this city and the two cities of north and south congo. right now im going to merge both cities in congo and further inlarge cameroon by giving it all the nations of equatorial africa. and it will no longer be a english city instead being barbarian

10. Necropolis

Necropolis Warlord

i invented a new city district its called Outer S.Africa 5 nation states...Nambia , botswana , Mozambique ,and malawi. its a english commonwealth city

china now has 11 cities civilization is spreading rapidly
    Aztexs have 8 cities 3 of which were loacted in mexico city in real life as city states. im going to merge new england (boston) and Newyork city philidelpia into one city. casue were moving into the future in this scenario and even a 2030 AD population would not justify 2 citys new endland with 15 million people and nyc philly with 30 million thats only 45 million

it would not let me re-start civs so when you play it might say russians or spainish on the aliean world. but russians trace linage back to rome as called the slavs. and aztecs were a colony of spain so its relative. it will be the year 2039 tech will be set in the 1500's so that the game will last longer to reach centuarus (khantze)
    --------------
    in my 2130's game a month from now the humans will be visiting khantze and the aliens the earth. the humans will found newer york (american) and york (English) thats because the english city of York is located in the city called North britain.

11. Necropolis

Necropolis Warlord

im still not done modifying the giga map for my next instalment of Exstended original. i noticed that tasmania island in australia is 14 tiles more south then it started off when i downloaded giga map but antartica has not been exstended this far south. if i can exstend it a few more only a few scatered peices of antartica would then be located on the map. only about 1,000 temporary people are loacated on antartica. so thats not even enough to be a starting city of 10,000 people antartica is not relevent to world civilization from this perspective of population. so i concluded that its still possible to try convert it more towards duck flanders nice world. getting rid of antartica is step one step two ill try to push a few tiles of the northern hempispere off map. if i get rid of all of antartica then iv calculated that each tile of the map would be about 5,000 squre miles but thats just a guess the map will be distorted when it comes to certain places but this cant be helped viewing the map in the map box while playing the game small distortions wont be noticed. i think my goal of making it into duck flanders has been very sucsesful so far.

game wont be in 2039 it will be in 2045 AD thats when development on the intersteller space ships should begin

may 15
    heres how much land area per tile for australia breaks down

name................tiles........area per tile (square miles)
    ------------------
    Northern Teritory.............44...11,838.68
    south australia................55.....6,904.09
    western australia...........103.....9,483.40
    Victoria.........................11.....7,982.36
    Quennsland....................78.....8,566.76
    NSW -ACT and jarvis bay-61.....5,083
    Tasmania........................5.....5,282
    ----------------------------------
    Total...........................357....8,238.933

keep in mind i already added a tile of land in the southern australia region along new south wales coast. but after my research just now i discovered that the northern portions of australia do not have enough land so i will go ahead with adding a tile of land along queenslands coast and see how that changes things. as i said before there were many distortions on the map. but over all they dont get noticed it still looks very realistic but i am trying to make a really good map that is like duck flanders nice world so i have to continue working at it. in a week i board a airplane and im bound for wisconsin on a vacation ill be gone 2 weeks so i wont be able to continue to tinker with the map. my next chapter in exstended original is called one giant leap. the obama administration of the USA has mandated that a faster space technoligy be developed and its called hyper fusion which dubbles speed of ships the break though comes in the year 2022 When docter Soguk Birlesme invents viable hyperfusion.

12. Necropolis

Necropolis Warlord

heres how much land area per tile for australia breaks down (revised today may 15th)

name................tiles........area per tile (square miles)
    ------------------
    Northern Teritory.............50...10,418.04
    south australia................55.....6,904.091
    western australia...........110.....8,879.91
    Victoria.........................11.....7,982.36
    Quennsland....................90.....7,424.52
    NSW -ACT and jarvis bay-61.....5,083
    Tasmania........................5.....5,282
    ----------------------------------
    Total...........................382....7,699.736

13. Necropolis

Necropolis Warlord

iv decided that 10 million people is now going to be the miniumum population requirment for my cities on planet earth.

there is a city called Minsk and currently they city limits is the nation of Belarus but this city is not populated enough to warrent its very own city. the nearest other city to this is Kiev,Ukraine. remember im playing a Modified Giga Map. Ukrain already has 3 cities so far they are
    1.Kiev
    2.Crimea-Kherson
    3.Odessa "includes moldavia"

theres room for another city in ukraine on its eastern border with russia by the way.

the other nearest cities to Minsk are Helsinki-Tallin , N.Poland-Riga and West Russia

i decided to build Helsinki-Tallin Where tallin,Estonia is located. finland is part of this city. and poland was such a large county that i felt 2 cities for it would be cool and this is because germany has 3 cities no part of germany is thinly populated so i had to make the germany larger to fit in north-west germany city. i currently have a city called yugo-Greece which is yugoslavia ,greece and albania combined so if i can free up another slot i could make this two cities but i doubt il do this because the population density of Yugo-greece is not large enough to warrent this.

i managed to get over 30 million people living in the scandinavian region so im going to re-name the region scandi-Baltic and it will be all nordic countries plus the baltic countries combined so the territory called helsinki-Tallin is sceduled for demolition and north poland-Riga will be re-named North poland. eventually i could consolidate both of the polands together but it very difficult for me to create a stable city population near 40 million but if i keep playing eventually cities of this size will be more common.

14. Necropolis

Necropolis Warlord

i noticed in real life Bangledesh has a population density as high as a medium sized city for the whole nation. meaning theres 160 million people in bangledesh if i lenthen the coast from Zhejiang provence to city of Fuzhou i could try help the situation out but it would never be as densly populated as in real life as this number of people packed into a area the size of wisconsin on a giga map is imposible however if i keep tinkering with it i may be able to put in another city for india just north of Banglesdesh called Assam State.

helping india reach a higher amount of population is always good for realism. but as i continue to push the orient region south australia gets further south but i still have to try move South america and Africa south. i reduced mainland france i have 2 cities for more population in Asia. i already reduced Australia to one city. my guess is if i exagerate the western coast of the gulf of mexico i could push all of south america one tile south. i could also add another tile of space along the quennsland coast in australia but i would need to find some graph paper to plot out the coast so i can be sure how to distribute the land evenly and realisticly.

ill need to go out and buy some more graph paper casue i got more ideas for more terrain changes i could test out.

15. Necropolis

Necropolis Warlord

OK i got rid of all of ANTARTICA but now im trying to move South america as far south as possible.eventually i did reach my goal of a gigamap with out antartica but i need to keep working at it till the rest of the map looks as good. i still think i should make china biger so that banglasdesh is bigger and bangladesh has over 160 million people and this figure is not reachable with only one city territory so i know that no mater what i do ill always have places that could use more work to become more realistic. i will add one more tile of space along the coast of china on the lattitude where bangladesh is and see if i cant cram in one more city to try make it more crowded.

by the way in my last post on the 24 i said how i could exagerate the coast of mexico to move south america further south i did manage to do this i also made meso america much larger i only need to move south america 5 more tiles south and the western hempisphere will look good. Africa also needs to be moved further south. i think the space bewteen Odessa and istanbul could be greater that might help but im not sure if i just move the black sea south might work.

september 25,
    i noticed on a map showing aboriginal cultures of europe about 1,000 BC theres a couple of tribes in the balkans that would have been contmporary with david and solomans kingdom of Isreal here they are

Dacians
    Thracians
    scythians
    dorians
    greeks
    Ilyrians

what i noticed was that the balkans were not large enough even on my modified giga map. the biggest problem was that the yugo slavia area was not large enogh the dorians were placed in a area centered on Macedonia and albania northern greece. and the illyerians were nearby but had to be placed near the border of yugoslavia and austria. that not bad but i keep asking my self if i did move all of the continent of africa one tile south could i atleast get the illyrians placed more firmly in yugoslavia but away from the dorians enough that there two diffrent ethnic groups or nations. if i could do this than i could move the thracians further away from the dacians or scythians which would make europe just that much more detailed. and this ties into my discussion about the distance between odessa and istanbul. istanbul is part of thracians territory in 1000 BC and odessa is either dacian or scythian territory.would any one wish to discuss historical geography?

16. Necropolis

Necropolis Warlord

im still working on the scenario it was put on hold a few weeks due to my computer monitor burning out so i had to buy a new monitor.basing cities acording to real world population. Burma is very large and big enough for 3 territories i made bangladesh larger its now two cities any population i cant get in there will be put into burma which has room for 3 territoriesso i would have to make places like burma larger in population just to try fit more people on the earth like in real life. i been trying to weed out cites of less than 14 million people most soveren states in real life are eiter too small in land to be territories or have too small population. after im done with the map then this scenario will be finished.

i did lenthen the coast where zhejiang provence i finnanly have enough space on the map to make two territories for bangledesh so mission acomplished now i just need to delete a cities to free up slots to build the new cities. i put in more cities for China. so china now has 17 cities and room for only a couple more but i ran out of slots to the point where the USA is reduced to only 20 territories. only place i see on map that has too much population is Ukraine also theres a part of Japan thats got too much population i could reduce japan to only 4 territoies ather then the 5 its at now. but i been trying to study the distibution of ukraines and japans populations in real life to try figure out which ones to get rid of. i also noticed i could move the black sea south another tile and this would make even more population posible in ukraine but this would make it even more larger to fit more population. im now focusing my efforts on getting the USA population more accurate. when im finished this will be the most accurate depiction of the earth's population i ever came up with in CIV2 test of time.

17. Necropolis

Necropolis Warlord

china now at 18 cities and india at 11 cities both have room for more cities but in oder to free up more slots i have to get rid of Cherkasy,Ukraine . i could also get rid of Australia's ocean colony of Botany bay. or i could get rid of a few cities on Centaurus. if i do them all i could free up 3 slots and try fit in so many cities for china and india that they would get a high percentage of population. i uploaded another version of my scenario set in the year 2025 i kept polution turned off but in 2023 global warming struck anyways so i guess after 2020 the game just throws global warming disaster in there regardless if you want it or not. im wondering if someone could change the dimensions of the giga map i think that east to west dimension needs to be longer and north to south should be shorter if this happens then part of south america could go off map nothing too large hopefully only 1 million people in south america off the south part of the map would do just fine casue 1 million people is very small amount when dealing with a global scenario.

18. Necropolis

Necropolis Warlord

August 5
    India still growing has 13 cities and population of 136.05 million i got rid of another city for the Americans casue the US has too many people. i could try to make room for a city between kashmir and delhi but it will be alot of work. ill have to free up a slot and continue to make india much larger.

August 7
    theres now enough room in india to make a city inbetween Rapur ,calcutta ,and Hyderbad.

Ukraine has too many people so i will get rid of Cherkasey eventually ill fix it so Ukraine has the right amount if i can but it will take a great deal of learning about its population distribution. theres a few slots i could free up on Centaurus but overall its progressing well ill delete the first draft of this scenario casue there were things i did not like about it. eventually ill start from scatch to try make a one world government Civilization but before i do i want to play out the entire scenario i got now. the goal is for me to have all three civilizations on earth travel to Centaurus and begin operations there but i have a time limit casue in the late 21st century is when the space ships have to be ready.

19. Necropolis

Necropolis Warlord

i think it would be cool if i could merge all Earth governments into a unified earth and have them battle 6 aliean civilizations i know i would have Persian empire instead of Americans and but replacing the common wealth i could choose between Greek or Carthage. it would be smarter to pick carthage cause carthage empire lasted longer and was larger in land area. but i would have to start the simiulation from scatch again casue this Test of time wont let you re-name civilizations.

september 25,
    SUCESS, i lowered all of the continent of Africa One tile south just so 6 tribes in the balkans penninsula would have more space between them heres the results now more space inbetween Dacians and scythians (formerly cimmerians)

also more space in between Illyrians and dorians. greece and dorians distance remained the same as well as the others. but i had to inlarge the mass of iberian penninsula in order to acomodate a larger balkans region. im getting ready to come to a end of my quest to try convert Giga more into Nice.

20. Necropolis

Necropolis Warlord

I have a new Extended Original Mod it has 4 Giga-Earths in Surface area. plus a local Exo-World for the parts of the Poles cut Out Of thos world the other 2 planets will be non-modified Giga Earths reason the third giga-earth will only feature 2 barbarian Alien Civs that never became Civilized the 4th planet will only have 1 barbarian alien Civ. after i create this Mod for TEST OF TIME it will be my first CIVMOD ever uploaded for Test of time version of Civ2 im going to go over what i already have and see if i can resurrect it. its been sitting on my computer now for nearly 3 years and never finished i seriously would like to upload it.