Immortal Mansa Help

Almost forgot this game, trying to finish now since it shouldn't take many more turns.

T121
Spoiler :
Capped all but Bella and Alex. Alex has a lot of C2-spears so I need some catapults. Bulbed machinery since didn't see much other use for GE, would much rather gotten GM to bulb currency even. No big deal of course. +40 HAs now and almost 10 cats, should be enough.

View attachment 504910

Looks like GG to me. Is Izzy anywhere close to longbows? Might pose an issue but otherwise seems like HAs are the definitive fast-win option on this map.

She is able to research it, but can't see if she is (as she won't trade with me). Alex is far far away obv.

She is able to research it, but can't see if she is (as she won't trade with me). Alex is far far away obv.

Good. I think you can really win by sheer numbers alone at this point even against longbows; if not, add phants and she's done.

I have had this game on a slow burner for weeks now. Just been a bit busy to sit down and play civ 4.

Finally managed to finish this off.

Spoiler All over :

Basically I went phants route initially. Was comfortably ahead of Alex in tech when I attacked him with phants and pults.

Moved war onto Spanish/English. Then eventually Americans who had LB. Finally rolled over Shaka and Dutch near end.

I didn't manage to cap Dutch but I went for land instead and took a city in peace to reach 64% land. He had engineering which was quite frustrating. HA/Phants and catapults just about did the job.

Lost a lot of units near the end but you sometimes do that to finish off a game quicker.

Capital was a nice bureau cap. Dutch had 1-2 techs I needed at the end.

Overall fun map once you sort out Alex.

Attachments

• Jon AD-0860.CivBeyondSwordSave
    241.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Jon AD-0050.CivBeyondSwordSave
    176.3 KB · Views: 179
I replayed this game. Micromanaged a little better and built more defense from the start. This time, on T78 when I had just built my 6th city and had 6 skirmishers, Alex declared

Spoiler :

on Shaka. :) That gave me cover to conquer England with elepult.

As I was finishing the war, Alex had vassalled Shaka and Washington. He declared and moved in with a huge stack of ~40 units with lots of trebs. I lost a city but chewed up his stack with cats and knights, and after two wars won a T248 Domination victory with England and Greece's land and America as vassal.

On emperor the AI can have a SOD but when you deal with it that's the end.

On immortal after you chew up the AI SOD, the AI has another dozen units to throw at your attacking stack.

Thoughts

Spoiler Floyd's game :

If you see Alex is at war with Shaka or Washington why did you not attack Alex? His stack would of been awol with cities to be taken.

If the Ai has treb it must be 500ad or later. You can't leave Alex alone with all those gem resources as he will eventually tech reasonably fast.

What year did you get phants? I got construction and HBR by 600bc. How heavily did you whip them and catapults? If you beelined construction you could of at least started on catapults.

Spoiler re Floyd's game :

Thoughts

If you see Alex is at war with Shaka or Washington why did you not attack Alex? His stack would of been awol with cities to be taken.

Lizzy is pretty soft and had lots of good land/wonders. Also I was hoping Shaka could keep Alex busy for awhile -- I was surprised when Alex took all his mainland cities.

If the Ai has treb it must be 500ad or later. You can't leave Alex alone with all those gem resources as he will eventually tech reasonably fast.

What year did you get phants? I got construction and HBR by 600bc. How heavily did you whip them and catapults? If you beelined construction you could of at least started on catapults.

I got Constr/HBR by T108 which is .. 175 BC? But I didn't go after Lizzy for another 20 turns (I took a barb city while building up my army). Alex didn't attack till T163, his tech rate wasn't really so good -- it helped during our first war that I had knights and he didn't.

Last edited:
@ Floyd

Spoiler Thoughts :
The minute I had the techs I was whipping units. I think you need to look at where you lost 425 years on my military date. Yes it would of taken a while to whip units but the minute Ai has engineering you face much harder targets to capture due to 100% defences from castles. Pikes would be a huge pain. This is why attacking earlier with more advanced techs really pays off. Alex was still difficult on my game but he lacked construction and was at war with Shaka.

Forgot to say congrats on the win. I have been meddling on immortal for years now.

Top Bottom