Immortal slavers, they are back!

RRRaskolnikov

Goldfish
Hi folks :),

The first game ended by a domination victory in 1480 AD with us nowhere near Communism... :lol:
So this is our second attempt to showcase the power of Kremlin boosted slavery :goodjob:

Game settings:

Probably hemispheres map, up for discussion. standard size
Normal Speed
Immortal
We must build the Kremlin asap
Leader to be discussed... NO... We will be playing the crazy Aztec leader (Monty for the friends)
No cottages, no workshops either :D

Beating the AI (or our citizens), discussion, and fun are the focus of this game... 24/48 rule apply...

I will post a save later when we agreed on final settings...

Roster:
Raskolnikov
Shyuhe
Jet
PaulusIII
Pigswill
PaulisKhan

Alternates:
Mystyfly
Rusten

Mystyfly is having a civ break right now (damn Matura!), and Rusten is already involved in too many games. I still put them on alternates as part of the first team ;)

Cheers,
Raskolnikov :whipped:

As I failed to congratulate you (I really enjoy tight games lol :rolleyes:) I'll just do it here :goodjob:

Looking foreward to (lurking) this, I really doubt I'll be able to play again before this one finishes... Probabely I'll be back on attempt 3...? :lol:

Good Luck (getting the kremlin this time) guys ;)

Checking in. I'm fine with anything the rest of the team agrees on using.

Geez. Immortal is too big a mouthful for me, especially with such harsh restrictions. I will lurk, though.

May I suggest... Ramesses? Or Gandhi?

Yeah Monty for the UB ;). I will post a hemisphere save in few minutes :).

OK the settings (everyone seemed to agree on hemisphere so):

Spoiler :

the start, the scout is unmoved.

Spoiler :

the save :):

Let's discuss initial moves!

Attachments

• Immortal Slaver II BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    34.7 KB · Views: 81
Is it too late to register for the final spot? I'm defintely interested in participating fully.

-PK

-edit- I'm comfortable with the Immortal setting.

It doesn't look like a very debateable start.

It might be better to move N, NW, or W, or even NNW since it still gets the Corn, but moving the Scout won't tell us, and if we wanted to move back to the start position we couldn't settle until turn 3. Meanwhile, in place is good. So we should just settle in place.

Ag -> Mining is the obvious first two techs.

I'm not an expert on the map script for starting locations but one visible resource and a relative shortage of forests might indicate hidden resources (and not much fog for them to hide in) which argues for settling in place.

Ag and mining while building a worker is the obvious start indeed.

I agree with settling in place, agriculture -> mining. worker -> warrior probably (less headaches than the last start)...

Paulis: Good to have you here! ;)

I will probably play after work the first few turns, so we have time to comment a little more (even if I am not sure there is much more to say :lol:).

Cheers,
Raskolnikov

Just settle in place, start with Agri-Mining and think up the continuation once we know what's around us.

Thank you for having me on board =)

I'm not an expert on the map script for starting locations but one visible resource and a relative shortage of forests might indicate hidden resources (and not much fog for them to hide in) which argues for settling in place.

Ag and mining while building a worker is the obvious start indeed.

There is one foodsource visible which means we're missing one other. It's not in the form of two floodplains (count for half each) so I suspect we have another corn or a grassland pig in one of the four hidden tiles.

Settling in place seems solid.

Thank you for having me on board =)

your welcome :)

There is one foodsource visible which means we're missing one other. It's not in the form of two floodplains (count for half each) so I suspect we have another corn or a grassland pig in one of the four hidden tiles.

I think there is one floodplain one north two west of the settler and perhaps another 2 north one west (not sure of that one though)... but yeah in place is solid, river tiles, food, and production :p

RRRaskolnikov said:
Yeah Monty for the UB . I will post a hemisphere save in few minutes .
I always thought we were playing monty for the theme :p

Great to see this game starting - you have a good capital with lots of early hammers - probabely have a shot at one of the earlier wonders (COL sling)? There is most likely horse/copper in bfc. No seafood (not coastal too) but you have irrigated corn :yumyum:. Looks like you'll have a fast start here.

Hi :hatsoff:,

I played till BW.
We settled in place:

Our scout poped three huts (for gold only), proceeded to met hannibal on the other side of the jungle (south), and Huyna on the east (2 financial AIs, bad news :D... for them). He then died to a lion.

We teched Agriculture, Mining, BW. I set us on The Wheel because of this:

Note that I got lucky because my worker ended up on the right hill at the right turn :)...

We built a worker and a warrior in the capital, another one is about to finish as the city reaches size 5. We can start on a settler (those fps on the east look tempting) or build another warrior for safety (or another worker or what the team think is best ;))...

Overview:

Capital:

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Raskolnikov

Attachments

• Immortal Slaver II BC-2760.CivBeyondSwordSave
    66 KB · Views: 71
Top Bottom