Discussion in 'Civ4 - Democracy and Team Games' started by Lord Civius, Sep 4, 2009.
I'll play it tonight if NM hasn't posted yet.
Please Go ahead.
Sorry didn't have time last night. I'm firing up the save now.
I put in about 16 turns. Changed research to Rifling and started a Golden Age after completing the Defense Quest. Made lots of tech trades and mostly concentrated on infrastructure but built a few Trebs, Rifles and Ships. We are going to need to discuss Civics as we now have alot of options. Lincoln also has the 3 most cultured cities in the world and they all border our western cities. I propose we start planning an invasion to knock out these 3 cities. Well here is the save I'll have a report up soon.
An invasion sounds good.
Yeah! Lets put that army to good use! (I know I keep bringing it up, but I spent and entire TS making the army!)
Civius is right. we need to figure out all the options available.
1. I don't know if we could effectivly take what we need to from Lincoln. Also, wouldn't the backstabbing cause diplomatic reprocussions?
2. Do we intend to strike as one main army of the Empire, or include have any flank, diversion, or sneak attacks?
3. Government wise, we have the option of creating a republic. Although there really hasn't been a call for reform, I'm sure one of us crafty fellows will throw some kind of wrench in the gears.
4. If we create a repubulic, could we re-write the rules, creating a constitution to abide by? The Emperor would now be President, and would make all the "Executive Desicions". Meanwhile the rest of us debate before each turn and pass the legislation to be crafted, with a veto power from any one of the houses thereby allowing the "President" or a leading "Senator" (Imperial House) to strike down the messure.
5. I think Free Speech is a great thing for our grand experiment.
6. If we want to control everything, might as well go for Merch instead of Free Market, but I'm open to suggestions.
7. The House of Huber has always supported a Free Religion, and believes that the horrors of the past can be put to rest by getting rid of these "State Religions." Plus if all goes well, we're gonna own a lot of religions giving us the science boost!
8. We don't have a naval to keep the other continent off our backs. Do you guys think the Germans will come knocking anytime soon?
9. Can we afford a war? Our economy is really not where it should be I would think. I know we need to leverage our military technology, but what's the short term (2-3 sessions) goal?
Thank you for the floor, I now pass my time to the gentleman from...
1700 AD Rise of Mersius
Octavus Mersius, King of Octavia, Pro-consul to the Empire of Artonia. He was trained since birth by his grandfather, Emperor Claude, to lead the Octavian people. He rose through the Ranks as a military office and handled the Houses government operations since being named Crown Prince at the age of 15. A master politician, blessed with charisma and the leaderhsip of a General on the battlefield.
Being summoned to the Artonian Palace was a common event for Mersius. The Imperial House often met with him before each legislative session. However the Council of Lords were in a 3 month recess and the Emperor was vacationing for the summer solstice. The Regent was waiting at the Palace Gates and rushed him into the Imperial Chambers. The conversation was short and to the point, when it was over he was acting Emperor......
King Mersius immediately met with our allies to enact the Tech Trade Act.
With the knowledge of Replacable Parts, Arkan gunsmiths are working on more powerful firearms. Our military planners have also requested that we build 7 castles in the Empire to send a message to the rest of the world. I signed an Imperial Decree and construction began immediately.
1710 AD Artonias' Golden Age begins
Rival world leaders now fear our defensive advantage, +3 attitude from all leaders.
Artonias' Golden Age has begun under the reign of King Mersius. With Production and research booming I asked the Governors to take the opportunity to build economic and Technological infrastructure. Universities, Banks and Observatories will quickly gave rise to a powerful economy.
1716 AD Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun
After raising a modest siege weapon arsenal our production cities began building Rifles for our armed forces. General Draknith began dispersing these units to our western cities.
King Mersius Continues with the Tech Trades and we are acquiring knowlege from around the world.
After much debate with the military leadership we dicided to begin researching a new metal that is said to be much stronger than iron.
1730 AD Artonian Golden age has ended
Darius has become a great trade partner and i couldn't resist his offer.
I also traded Mao 1 Gold resource for 16gpt.
Lincoln still only has Mideival Weaponry and we should consider an invasion by the end of the next turn session. Use our treasury upgrading Trebs to Cannons and crank out the Rifles. It is also a must we upgrade CR2 and CR3 Maces to Rifles ASAP. Keep in mind it will not take him long to acquire the techs needed for Rifles once we DoW. A precise attack to destroy the cities that are influencing our Western border should be the battleplan. Once our goals are met we can consider finishing him off.
I have also posted a screenie of all the new civics we can adopt. I decided not to change any and give the Council of Lords the opportunity to debate them.
I suggest we keep monarchy, but change to free religion and a Free Market. If we invade Egypt now, Free religion will put the hindu's and christians on our side. Monarchy will keep the cities in check. I would like our general, Draknith, to fraw up two invasion plans from which the Council may choose from.
With the permission of the Emperor, I would like to be granted some extra time to review the current maps, and unit formations to ensure a successful campaign.
(I should have it up later tonight. I have to work till about 6 Central, and then I have a couple lessons to teach, and a rehearsal. However as my earlier post states, we have a limited troop count, which we'll want to supliment with a fresh 'modern' army to provide the bulk of the attacks with.)
Time granted. in the mean time, if someone else has any battle plans, please let me know.
So, how's it coming?
Well, three days without a battle plan isn't what I was looking for. If I don't get a battle plan by tomorrow at 5:00 PM ET, then I will go ahead and invade.
Seems that General Draknith is pre-occupied so I have called up General Arrok, Supreme Commander of the Octavian Armies. He is drawing up a battleplan as we speak.
Terribly sorry gents... I ended up having a three day tour in the chicagoland area with my one reggae band. Please feel free to work up the battle plans... if you guys want to role play that it was Marshal's plan, that's totally fine with me (as long as it doesn't end up a disaster... ).
Whatever happened to this?
With the Demogame starting up and my position as God of Rage in the new Divine Intervention Game, I have lost track of this game.
I was going to submit a battleplan but have been pre-occupied with long hours at work. The little time I have has been spent helping to get the Dgame up and going.
I will assume the title of Emperor with an open invitation for Vandal to retain it. I name Draknith my Pro-Consul and ask the Council to suspend the turn rules until the first of the year. I'll play the save Monday 11PM EST and do a Turn Chat.
Separate names with a comma.