Imperialism II PBEM

My bad. I remember seeing Northerner's post but have no recollection of having clicked on Prof Garfield's! Please feel free to give me a bump if I haven't played by the following day, I will not be offended in the slightest. Rather have an unnecessary bump than the embarrassment of missing my turn any day of the week :lol: Playing now!

A run-down outpost in the remote Central Asian wasteland peopled by horse, goat, and camel-herders! A resounding victory for the ages! :p

Will play tonight.

JAPAN
Imperial Japanese forces sail to the shores of Korea to "negotiate" terms of creating a protectorate for the "vulnerable" Joseon King and his people in these troubled times.

(A gunboat quite unexpectedly sunk beneath the waves while sailing from Okinawa. For some reason, it didn't even occur to me, not even enough to check the Civilopedia, that they might even possibly have Trireme limits. This announcement, however, is OOC - in true Japanese fashion, the maritime disaster is brushed under the carpet and the shame never admitted).

GERMANY

Boer Kommandos kills 2 Zulu impi armies menacing their cities.

Attachments

• JapanGermany1870feb.rar
    71.4 KB · Views: 144
The USA still mourns the loss of a Cavalry regiment from before. The war mongering murderer natives will pay and the recent uprising will be dealt with swiftly!

Attachments

• USA1870feb.7z
    58.5 KB · Views: 129
The USA still mourns the loss of a Cavalry regiment from before. The war mongering murderer natives will pay and the recent uprising will be dealt with swiftly!
Was a General Custer in command of that regiment?

Little in the way of news. Some tribal camps broken under Britain, news hardly worth the paper they are printed on. All in the way of an Empire!

Attachments

• Britain1870Feb.rar
    72.1 KB · Views: 126
French Subdue a tribal capital in Africa.

Would someone please confirm that there is not supposed to be a cost for switching production types in this scenario?

Attachments

• France1870feb.hot.zip
    72.7 KB · Views: 123
Sorry. We've had a couple violent thunderstorms here in the last two or three days and I didn't want to risk the power cutting out mid-turn and me having to play the turn again. My apologies. Here's my turn.

JAPAN
Have landed Imperial Japanese forces on the Korean Peninsula in preparation to establish a protectorate.

GERMANY
Boer Kommandos kill another Zulu impi army menacing their cities.

Attachments

• JapanGermany1870mar.rar
    72.4 KB · Views: 125
United States

A malevolent Tribal Camp is burned, but several marauding War Parties remain in the Mid-West.
Acting on rumours of rebellion and lawlessness, US forces begin patrolling in Mexico to safeguard its citizenry and interests.
A Sugar caravan arrived in London

Attachments

• USA1870mar.7z
    59.5 KB · Views: 113
Whose next?

The British Empire is closing all ports to foreign trade.

To clarify: The British Empire intends to make seperate trade negotiations with each party, to end the free for all that currently reigns.

Attachments

• Britain1870mar.rar
    73.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
French kill oriental cavalry near Hanoi.

French attack Port-Etienne, lose 1 cannon, and capture the city.

French Kill Berbers near Oran, but are defeated by Berbers near Tetouan, since the general ignored the terrain features.

The French may have forgotten to announce a trade policy, so this is it.

France announces free trade with all French ports for any nation that reciprocates with a similar policy.
Paris shall also count as a port, provided that: 1. The trade unit is landed on the river at (1,41) outside Paris, and 2. The unit is delivered on the very next turn.

Except for the river outside Paris, trade units shall not camp on French soil without explicit permission.

The French may temporarily close specific ports to trade so that trade units are guaranteed to be produced.

Attachments

• france1870mar.hot.zip
    74.1 KB · Views: 131
MEIJI
The Korean people of Busan put up a surprising resistance to the creation of a Japanese protectorate for their betterment and improvement and more enlightened governance. Thus, with sadness and regret, the Imperial Japanese Army has begun a siege of the city to show our sincere intentions through a show of strength.

GERMANY
Boer Kommandos killed two more Zulu impi armies. The trading companies of the Germanic nations are preparing to tender their proposed trade agreements with all relevant parties.

Attachments

• JapanGermany1870apr.rar
    73.8 KB · Views: 122
USA

First thing first, we see British ships off US shores, as the British opted to close their ports to everyone, our ports are currently closed to the British. We are disappointed so many people are seeking to have trade embargoes. To the French who publicly announced free trade, US ports are more than open!

Secondly, US patrols in Mexico observed high levels of rebel activity, the Mexican government is unable to secure it's nation posing a risk to to Mexican civilians and American interests. Consequently US forces have occupied Monterrey and a amphibious landing has occupied Villahermosa. Cuba has been smuggling weapons to Mexican rebels thus US forces occupy Havana. We are hoping for a swift campaign o bring security and prosperity to Mexico. Bringing Mexico into the Union is the best way to ensure peace in the region. 1 Cannons, a frigate and a warship are lost.

Additionally an Independent Cannon was entrenched outside Monrovia and destroyed.

Thirdly, god damn it there's been a third Native Revolt in the American Mid West which is now teeming with violence.

Attachments

• USA1870apr.7z
    60.8 KB · Views: 112
Top Bottom