• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Impi and the mysterious Axeman

Not necessarily. In fact, copper is a pretty crappy metal. Bronze, yes, but that would mean Spears should also require Copper, which doesn't fit the Civ5 balance. After all, axes can be made with stone, obsidian, copper, bronze, and iron.

Now that would be a cool resource to see (Obsidian).

It would, but I doubt expect it. Didn't the Maori Warriors have Obsidian weapons?

A fair amount of cultures had access to it, and used it. Mesoamericans used it for trading, and there are many other examples of it being used, such as a portion of the eyes in the Moai Statues.

Here's my question: why cant the axeman just be a new barbarian unit? is that so hard to believe? i know speculation is fun, but all these axeman theories are getting a little out of hand.

Maybe maybe maybe it's a conspiracy and they're the guys from the Boston Tea Party with some of the tea they didn't dump into the water and they threw it into the swordsmen's eyes to blind them before attacking them, kind of like Hulk Hogan with salt.

Top Bottom