Impressions so far from new gameplay videos

If you watch the videos of Marbozir, you can see, that the new districts all get the +6 yields, even if they are adjacent to plantations, camps and other districts. I think at least the building of a district should destroy the jungle under it, so the bonus wouldnt be that high (I think the adjacency bonus of a nearby district is around 0.5 or less it seems). And compared to Civ 5, there you would have destroyed the jungle when you build a plantation. Building a camp will probably still maintain the forest/jungle.

Districts are supposed to destroy the underlying features. In the build we watched this wasn't working properly. You can see players get the notification to confirm the removal of a feature and that it will even add to the production cost of the district itself. Then later, when the tiles are moused over again, the feature that was supposed to have been removed is still marked. So in Marbozir's videos - all of his jungle districts are still counting as jungles when they're not supposed to. I imagine the same problem is in place for any improvements that are supposed to remove features as well.

Top Bottom