Improved CvGameCoreDLL Makefile! AND ~71% faster compilation

hey,

well its not an error message, its just a line in the make file,

from what i can tell danny's and revdcm's are identical.

ive managed to stared the compile, but i get an error regarding one of the parts i have merged, a wierd one.

so anyway, thanks i think its the make file is fine.

regards,
kel.

It's fun to raise a thread from the dead (even though it's only been a couple of months) :)

I've added global include/link to the makefile for the boost and python libraries, so you don't have to copy them to your mod folder.
It uses the boost and python folders which come with Civ.

It's a simple modification, but I found it to be useful.

Code:
CIVINSTALL=D:\games\Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword
GLOBALBOOST=$(CIVINSTALL)\CvGameCoreDLL\Boost-1.32.0
GLOBALPYTHON=$(CIVINSTALL)\CvGameCoreDLL\Python24

GLOBAL_INCS=/I"$(TOOLKIT)/include" /I"$(PSDK)/Include" /I"$(PSDK)/Include/mfc" /I"$(GLOBALBOOST)/include" /I"$(GLOBALPYTHON)/include"

GLOBAL_LIBS=/LIBPATH:"$(TOOLKIT)/lib" /LIBPATH:"$(PSDK)/Lib"  /LIBPATH:"$(GLOBALBOOST)/libs" /LIBPATH:"$(GLOBALPYTHON)/libs" winmm.lib user32.lib

Change the 'CIVINSTALL' path to where ever your Civ IV is installed.
I didn't remove the existing links and includes so you can still use the local copy of boost and python libs.

Hope it helps.

EDIT: I just found out that EmperorFool already added something very similar here. Sorry.

Attachments

• Makefile.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 245
@Asaf
Running 3 projects in several versions I frequently copy or move, I can certainly see the benefits to this. Thanks!

Iam try to compile a LOR dll. But i get an error:

c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '_precompile.cpp': No such fi
le or directory
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\
bin\cl.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

Abny Ideas ? Where can i download the old makefile ?
Thx!

Top Bottom