Improvement Rebalance Mod

Kouvb593kdnuewnd

Left Forever
Just started to work on this mod whose purpose is to make every improvement feel useful but not overpowered.

Changes so far:

Dome, removed the hp bonus made them give 3 culture + Creative class policy changed to give domes +2 culture.
Make Dome the prime culture improvement, more similar to academies for science and manufactories for production, the health bonus can be given to a more fitting military improvement.

Generator, give only 1 energy at the start.
To make energy harder to get in the early game, because it feels plentiful, less energy will hopefully make the early game a bit more interesting.

Mines can be built everywhere like generators.
The only give one production, but they will get an extra one for being on a hill and +1 production for each mountain they are adjcent to like inca terras farm in civ 5.

Will work more on this, suggestions are appreciated:)

I think Canyons should yield energy. They are glowing yellow, indicating geothermal energy. Yet somehow it's completely overlooked.

Should canyons yield energy? Probably. But unless you make it +3 energy, then it's unlikely anyone (or the city governor AI) would ever place a citizen on such a tile to work it. And if it was +3, it'd be unbalanced... unless it could start out at +1 and increase with specific technologies and/or wonders; I guess that's something the Tectonic Lever wonder could do?

The wonder mod allready have the anvil giving a bonus to canyons so no need to mod that wonder then you can use that mod.

I have to point out, though, that I don't know if you can actually work canyon tiles.
I added it because it sounded like a cool idea, but I have no idea if it actually works... ^^"

Have you thought about adding new map features to make it more alien? Magma/Miasma rivers, rapid forest growth that can damage improvements/cities, etc? Or is that outside the scope of the mod?

I wish there was like a multi-stage improvement that can turn into a massive improvement over a canyon... like some air purifier or mega thermal you can build over the whole canyon.

I wish there was like a multi-stage improvement that can turn into a massive improvement over a canyon... like some air purifier or mega thermal you can build over the whole canyon.

you an me both. Although I don't see how that'd be possible unless you had a flying worker unit.

you an me both. Although I don't see how that's be possible unless you had a flying worker unit.

or you don't and just build the multi-stage improvement right next to the canyon; Depending on the size of that canyon shows how much these multi-stage improvement can be that much powerful, however the only way to fully get the full yield, it must be in your own territory...

'Generator' is model that not gives any thought about energy transphorm method.
it would really aprecciated to have solar_arrays or wind_traps.
---
would be nice to have some bonuses for [energy_improvement].
+2 energy on desert cell with [solar] or +1 energy on coastal cell with [windtrap].

Tech, that gives +1 health (with -2 default) for manufacture/factory and oilrig also can be useful.

For other improvements - would be nice to have some tech/way to build new water improvements without resource.
For example - build algae farm on hex without resource with additional work or smth.

Top Bottom