Improvements don't show art assets

Drawmeus

Emperor
I'm doing a mod with a number of custom improvements, including a "Research Station". None of my custom improvements display art assets on the in-game map and I can't figure out why. They are functioning - my workers can build them at the appropriate tech, their yields work, etc. - but they don't display in the in-game map. Icons do display in the Strategic View.

Code for one of them below:

Code:
	<Improvements>
		<Row>
			<Type>IMPROVEMENT_RESEARCH_STATION</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_EPOCHS_IMPROVEMENT_RESEARCH_STATION</Description>
			<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_EPOCHS_IMPROVEMENT_RESEARCH_STATION_TEXT</Civilopedia>
			<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_TRADING_POST</ArtDefineTag>
			<PillageGold>5</PillageGold>
			<PortraitIndex>32</PortraitIndex>
			<IconAtlas>TERRAIN_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
		</Row>
	</Improvements>

ArtDefineTag, PortraitIndex and IconAtlas are taken directly from the Trading Post improvement. If anyone needs more information for debug, I'll provide it, or you can get the full code from my Epochs mod: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11952750#post11952750

Anyone have any ideas what's going wrong?

I don't know if this'll help, but I'll just throw this out there just in case.

I looked into the database, and in ArtDefine_Landmarks and ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes I only see:

ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_TRADING_POST1
ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_TRADING_POST2
ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_TRADING_POST3
ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_TRADING_POST4

I assume those are the different rotations to differentiate the TP graphics. I'm not sure why the regular trading post works fine without designating a number at the end, but maybe there's something else in the code that handles that and makes it work. (And it only knows to apply this to the default trading post entry, not your research station.) <shrug>

Also, pardon me for asking, but just to make sure, did you check "Reload Landmark System" within your project's properties? I believe that's still required as well.

Also, maybe this thread could be of some use: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=451537

Good Luck!

Also, pardon me for asking, but just to make sure, did you check "Reload Landmark System" within your project's properties? I believe that's still required as well.

Also, maybe this thread could be of some use: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=451537

Note the part near the end of the linked thread where it is discovered that the art for the farm (and wheat farm) must be changed to prevent a CTD when a farm is replaced by another improvement whenever "Reload Landmark System" is checked.

EDIT: Incan Terrace Farms and Dutch Polders are fine. Note in the ArtDefine_Landmarks table there is a FARM LayoutHandler distinct from the ANIMATED, ANIMATED_ROTATED, RANDOM, SNAPSHOT, and SPECIAL handlers used by other all other landmarks, which seems to be related to the culprit.

Didn't need to check "Reload Landmark System" - just adding the '1' to it worked.

Thanks!

Didn't need to check "Reload Landmark System" - just adding the '1' to it worked.

Thanks!

Could you elaborate this? I have a little mod creating a variant of trading posts and farms buildable only on flood plais and so far I haven't been able to use the trading posts/farms artworks as they're invisible on the map (improvement is builadable though).

Sound very much like the same problem so if you have a solution here I would be very interested!

\Skodkim

Well I figured out how to make the trading post copy appear ion the map (using ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_TRADING_POST1) but farms aren't that "simple" it seems.

\Skodkim

Top Bottom