Improving Barbarian Cities?

Peregrine

The Swift
I have a situation where there are a lot of barbarian cities in a scenario that's in the works. I'd like to place improvements in these cities, walls especially. BUT . . . improvements must be tied to techs, and the barbarians don't have any techs. So . . . am I missing something or is there some way that I've forgotten about to place city improvements in barbarian cities?

Thanx in advance.

I did something very similar with my Nippon scenario, but I placed the buildings in the cities, before I allowed the barbarians to take them over.

Originally posted by techumseh
Be careful. With FW and probably MGE, if you edit barbarian cities, it will cause your scenario to crash. In ToT the bug is fixed, so you can go ahead. The best bet is to use Carl Fritz's utility program "CivCity" as kIndal has suggested.

Um this can't be true, I've been editing and adding improvements to barbarian cities trough the production que for ages without problems :confused:

Might have to do with the fact that I use the mac version of MGe but I don't think so as I believe other people succeded in doing so on PCs as well (FMK?).

CivCity is an extremely useful utility. I find that the easiest way to create barbarian cities is to place them all using one of the playable civs, including all improvements they'll use, and then just change their ownership to 'barbarians' via the utility. Easier then making the barbs take it, re-doing improvements via 'copy another city's improvements,' etc.

Originally posted by Henrik
Um this can't be true, I've been editing and adding improvements to barbarian cities trough the production que for ages without problems :confused:

Mac.... Maaaac... :D ;)

Originally posted by Winterfritz
CivCity is an extremely useful utility. I find that the easiest way to create barbarian cities is to place them all using one of the playable civs, including all improvements they'll use, and then just change their ownership to 'barbarians' via the utility. Easier then making the barbs take it, re-doing improvements via 'copy another city's improvements,' etc.
Absolutely! No need to say more.

Top Bottom