Improving espionage and intrigue

ferretbacon

Obsessor
So I was thinking about how I loved the InfoAddict mod for Civ V and how annoyed I was that Firaxis hadn't implemented a built-in information system to VI.

Then I was thinking about how paltry the espionage system is and I got an idea to combine the two...

I think it would be cool to see Firaxis (ideally) or a mod that implements the following:

• Spies that are embedded into an enemy city will now leak data and statistics to you as they steadily increase your diplomatic visibility with your rivals.
  • This information is fed into a new "World Data" tab that can sort the information you have by civ. Information could include population figures, military strength, current treasury, etc. As a side-effect, the information you can glean from the victory conditions tab would be scaled back.
  • This tab could also control the news feed you receive at the beginning of each turn. Currently, I feel like the news is too rapid and scattered. You could set filters for certain civs or certain information, like, "show me alerts from Germany" or "show me alerts for envoy placement."
Basically expand the roles that spies and the diplomatic visibility system can play, incorporate an InfoAddict system, and make the news alerts more narrowed to what you're interested in watching for.

Top Bottom