Improving relationship with AI

Esfera

Warlord
Diplomats aren't implemented yet.
Is there a way I can use to improve the opinion that an AI civilization has on me after using nukes against them a lot of times?
I am talking about improving it between +20 and +30, it's a lot, I know.

I'm gonna just give my two cents, but if I was nuked to a pile of radioactive ash I don't think I nor any of my people would ever forgive you no matter how many diplomats you choose to send. Well at least not for a very long time(and I mean a VERY long time). Perhaps a regime change is in order?

What really sucks is playing a leader with a large diplomatic penalty (especially on a high difficulty), everyone hates you before you even do anything, then they keep finding reasons to hate you even more. Before you know it, the whole world wants you dead for just existing and the 1 or 2 friends you got lucky to have end up backstabbing you because it's what the "cool kids" are doing.

Thanox, So you're basically North Korea? (This meme is starting to get outdated),

Japan got nuked and is allied to it's Nuker Joij21 ;)

Japan got nuked and is allied to it's Nuker Joij21 ;)

Well they did have their entire navy and air force decimated by the time we nuked them, with the majority of their army stranded in Manchuria which was getting invaded by the USSR. So the only options left were essentially fight and get exterminated, become communist, or become democratically capitalist. They chose the later simply as a form of self preservation.

Now as to Esfera, I'm not too sure if the nation he nuked could still fight back or not. If they still could then it would be very reasonable to still hate him and attempt to seek vengeance. However if he truly incapacitated their ability to fight then it would make sense to "bend the knee" over to him as a form of self preservation. I was thinking the former may be true in his case but then it could have also been the later. And considering the AI is bad at self preservation strategy it could have very well been the later.

Then again over in Israel whenever they bomb the crap out of the Palestinians they still try to fight back and bomb the crap out of the Israelis despite never standing a chance. So a different culture I guess?:dunno:

The Japanese culture itself values things a little differently to most Euro-centric cultures and it is this difference that was key in explaining how we're now on good terms after that war. The Japanese went to war to figure out their place in the world hierarchy. They might've been on top... but if they were to be beat, they would naturally place themselves into a service role under the one that beat them. Hard to program a cultural difference in how one would react to losing a war.

The Japanese culture itself values things a little differently to most Euro-centric cultures and it is this difference that was key in explaining how we're now on good terms after that war. The Japanese went to war to figure out their place in the world hierarchy. They might've been on top... but if they were to be beat, they would naturally place themselves into a service role under the one that beat them. Hard to program a cultural difference in how one would react to losing a war.
They also had a god emperor, and a massive respect for those at the top of the hierarchy in general within the population, so there were only a few people who needed to bend the knee for all to do the same. There are none such figures in the middle east that wields the same cultural power over the general population. Another difference unrelated to cultural differences is that the Japanese were treated quite well by their conqueror, the Palestinians are completely convinced (with good reason) that the same won't be the case if they bend the knee. Palestinians have tried bending the knee in individual cases, but it never seems to improve on their situations at an adequately satisfactory degree. It is also a question about being able to understand the justifications held by both sides when considering what has played out during the conflict. Most Japanese were probably completely unable to comprehend the justification behind the use of the nukes, but on the other hand they knew very well that they themselves willingly initiated the conflict as an obvious aggressor and were therefore themselves not completely innocent in how it all ended.
Palestinians have a much harder time to come to terms, and to sympathize with their opponents justifications, when looking back at the previous century of conflict.

Last edited:
Many Palestinians also have a religious cause for war fervor that will never end but only strengthen in the face of surrender as well.

There are lots of things that culture can adjust about diplomatic processes that might be implementable in a well developed "ideas" project scenario.

IMO, these two situations are very different. While the Japanese were taking part in a struggle for strength, the war in Israel-Palestine is for land, religion and independence. For the Palestinians, losing this war means losing both their homeland and Holy land. They can't give up without losing everything, so the price of the struggle is worth it. That being said, many Israelis believe the same thing: the Palestinians want to replace them, and take away THEIR historical homeland and Holy land.
When both sides have everything to lose - they will use all available tools to win. For the Palestinians, that means shooting rockets on civilian centers and trying to get over (or under) the fence to attack the neighboring towns and villages. For the Israelis, that means air bombing, snipers and late night raids on Palestinian cities.

Top Bottom