1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Improving your Opening Play Sequences

Discussion in 'Civ3 Strategy Articles' started by cracker, Aug 30, 2002.

1. 13thWarrior

13thWarrior Chieftain

Cracker,
    Your "Strangler Fig" strategy is hilarious! I can't wait to see it in action.

2. Chindaswinth

Chindaswinth Chieftain

This is a very well written article. Your insights into the power of food production in the early game have made me a much better player. I know I will be rereading it for a long time to come.

Has microsoft approached you to write help files yet? They need you.

3. Samson

Samson Chieftain

Hi,

Great Article. I have just one little question regarding rushing using the wip. You say
    Are you sure? I thought it was one unhappy per citizen "killed" in the rush.

[EDIT] OK, so I confused one person, so I shall give a little example. I either rush a grannery when I have 40 sheilds left or 20. Obviously I loose 2 citizens instead of one, but do I get 1 or 2 unhappy people?

4. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

[Deleted - misread the question]

[Edit 2: Nope! *You* didn't confuse me. *I* did that, all by myself :p ]

5. DWRALL

DWRALL Chieftain

Thanks for all, Cracker, your work it's excellent, i going to follow it. but i have problems with the english so I try to understand it. because the initial moves are the most important part of the game

6. Samson

Samson Chieftain

I have just tested this, and it is one unhappy citizen per citizen killed. I am using C3C v1.15

7. Karus The Great

Karus The Great Chieftain

I cant tell u (u already know!:) ) what a different a day makes!Ive really learn alot.Just wanted 2 thank all 4 your help.

8. zainfidel

zainfidel Chieftain

I would love to check out your primer Improving Your Opening Play Sequences, but the link provided no longer works. Do you have an updated link? Or can you send me the document? It looks to be unparalleled in its class.

Thanks!

9. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

10. undertoad

undertoad Chieftain

Cracker, two excellent articles!

Fanaticism about CivIII + Skill with Excel + Analytical approach + A lot of hard work!

The Forestry one, in particular, I think I'll have to keep open in a separate window next time I start a game. The Opening Plays includes some things I knew intuitively already, but the analysis brings out a lot more I never thought about.

11. Abaddon

Abaddon Chieftain

Just bumping this since everyone keeps referring to it :)

12. Ceoladir

Ceoladir Come Fly With Me

:bump:

13. Roolenstein

Roolenstein Chieftain

Does this article still exist anywhere, or does anyone have a copy they would be willing to share?

Spoonwood likes this.
  14. tmn

tmn Chieftain