Improving your Opening Play Sequences

This is a very well written article. Your insights into the power of food production in the early game have made me a much better player. I know I will be rereading it for a long time to come.

Has microsoft approached you to write help files yet? They need you.

Hi,

Great Article. I have just one little question regarding rushing using the wip. You say
“using the whip” to rush production will cause one normally citizen to become unhappy for the next twenty turns for each time we rush a production item
Are you sure? I thought it was one unhappy per citizen "killed" in the rush.

[EDIT] OK, so I confused one person, so I shall give a little example. I either rush a grannery when I have 40 sheilds left or 20. Obviously I loose 2 citizens instead of one, but do I get 1 or 2 unhappy people?

[Deleted - misread the question]

[Edit 2: Nope! *You* didn't confuse me. *I* did that, all by myself :p ]

Thanks for all, Cracker, your work it's excellent, i going to follow it. but i have problems with the english so I try to understand it. because the initial moves are the most important part of the game

�using the whip� to rush production will cause one normally citizen to become unhappy for the next twenty turns for each time we rush a production item

I have just tested this, and it is one unhappy citizen per citizen killed. I am using C3C v1.15

I cant tell u (u already know!:) ) what a different a day makes!Ive really learn alot.Just wanted 2 thank all 4 your help.

I would love to check out your primer Improving Your Opening Play Sequences, but the link provided no longer works. Do you have an updated link? Or can you send me the document? It looks to be unparalleled in its class.

Thanks!

Cracker, two excellent articles!

Fanaticism about CivIII + Skill with Excel + Analytical approach + A lot of hard work!

The Forestry one, in particular, I think I'll have to keep open in a separate window next time I start a game. The Opening Plays includes some things I knew intuitively already, but the analysis brings out a lot more I never thought about.

Just bumping this since everyone keeps referring to it :)

:bump:

Top Bottom