Increase difficulty of the game

Humungus

Chieftain
Hello,

I've a proposal to increase the challenge of the games :
The disasters and diseases (volcanos, famine, pirates, plague... ) that occurs periodically don't have significant and long lasting effects on the game !
Would'it be possible to create a patch witch replace or enhance the routines of the diseases/disasters with a <Ctrl R> to randomize all the leaders traits at this occasion ?
This change could happen only for one of the disasters, or some of them, or all of them ...

Thank you by advance

Humungus

AFAIK, you can only really play with the frequency of disasters. You could make them happen more often and you could also maybe widen the pool of potentially affected cities. I think a city currently needs to be at least size 5 to be eligible for a disaster event, it must not be your only city, and disasters that can be prevented by buildings can't affect you if you don't have the tech for those buildings, so--no pottery, no famine. This thread has all the variables: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civ1-explained-city-disasters.507325/

I understand that it is under the influence of the earthquake in Turkey and Syria, but just like in real life, in the game random disasters annoy.
So it's better to set the difficulty level by placing yours and enemies on the map.
I have an idea for a new, very hard to play map. Perhaps soon an interesting and quite difficult scenario will appear on this forum.
At the moment, I am already refining the 4th scenario map of the Game of Thrones, which will be the first to appear on forum.

Last edited:
I know the "antique" code of the game is "rigid", so, here is what i imagined :
If the number of "code lines" of the routine is strictly limited, replace them by the <Ctl R> instruction code and replace the others lines by "nop", "nop", "nop", ... until the end of the routine. ----> replace
And if the number of "code lines" of the routine as "free lines", the <Ctl R> instruction code can be added in these free lines ---> enhance

Top Bottom