Independence!!!

I think maybe he is kind of talking about the "incite a coup" idea.

The "Incite Coup" mission is a very good idea, but it would have to be very expensive and very hard to succesfuly preform that way it could only be preformed once per game (mabey more if your extreamely rich).

Yea it would be EXTREMELY unbalancing if you could just pay a few thousand gold and have your nearest rival split in two. It would have to cost a LOT, and maybe be along the lines of using nuclear weapons. Like if you incite coups, everyone hates you a lot or something like that.

Or if you get cought you automaticly go to war with that country along with any countries they have Mutual Protection with. But it would be like you declared war with them not vice versa.

Rememder Call To Power 2 game !!!
Maybe it would be reaslistic if spies could incite a coup in some city of a hostile empire only if:
- Riot in this city(or maybe group of cities) is taking place for a long time
- These cities have some foreign citizens(not assimilated).
- Enemy country goes anarchy.

i didnt think it to be a splitup, i meant it to be to make anarchy and that the nation could not return to the previous form of government for 20 turns. but then again a spilup could occur with the loyalist army to the former government type, such as russia was after oct '17

I just thought of bringing up thid thread because it seems that poeple are toking about this all over again, anyway, what would happen if you have a MPPA with that nation a it splits up, which side do you help, the once before contry or the people with who you signed the treaty. (do i make my self clear?)

Ooo Ooo, what if when you 'disband' a unit, If that city has more than 50% unhappy people than happy people then a 'conscripted' level version of the disbanded troops appears outside your city... representing the unhappy troops that have recently been fired/disbanded.....

(e.g.:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :) :) :( :( = 66%unhappy:happy)
:: disbanded = angry troops

if a country splits up lets say rome, you had a Mutal PPA with rome, which side do you help, the loyalist or the rebells, i think you should be able to chosse, right?

does any body like my idea of a pupet nation? ( I must be a coversation killer, no-one answers)

Originally posted by EddyG17
does any body like my idea of a pupet nation? ( I must be a coversation killer, no-one answers)
I like the pupet Nation idea. and dont worry I'm a conversation killer to

Yeah unless ley compleatly change the game in a futre expansion I don't think that It will ever be implemented in Civ3. Altough I would like it in Civ4, butthat will probbobaly not be for quite a while.

in mid game there aren't any barbarians, so what if for each unhappy citizens you have there is a chance that they would form a barbarian/guerrilla depending in the age

I agree, forgot to mention this as a request before:

BRING BACK THE SCHISM!!!!!:thumbsup:

yes, a good song by tool... However, I was refering with others to the schism that sometimes occured in Civ2...only had it happen a couple of times, to the AI of course, not me...I am too good for that. :smoke:

I think that there should be TWO seperate espionage options: 1) Incite civil war-this should be VERY expensive, and should only work if the average level of unhappiness in that empire is above 50%, and/or if more than 50% of the empire's cities have more than 2 corruption! If it works, then the chance of a city breaking away would be based on the total corruption of the city, the level of unhappiness, the number and average strength of troops garrisoned there, the distance of the city from the Capital and the culture of that city (as compared to the average). A city that breaks away will become a new civ, but they would be just as susceptible to culture conversion as any other city-so might get immediately absorbed by a powerful neighbour!

2) Incite Coup: Just like it's described above! Again, very expensive, and the chance of success would be dependant on unhappiness/corruption and what government they have, as opposed to what government options they have!

I also agree that the puppet state, or Protectorate, idea. I really liked that in SMAC, and can't see why it can't be brought back for C3C-given that Civ3 is based on the SMAC engine!!!
In fact, I think that ALL of these ideas could be incorporated into the existing game with very little effort.

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Top Bottom