Independence!!!

EddyG17

King
What if you play as England you this coverd North America and set colonies over time those colonies become cities and then they event try to be independent because there is to much corruption, it is too far away from the motherland, unatended civil disorder and more, any way if you lose the war they become a independent nation in this case the US.

Another thing shouldn't barbarians being able to biuld cities? let say you are the Romans, you only have one city next to you is a barbarian city named Napoli. ( i don't know if this really happen or not just making an example)

Thank Baron Rakkan for the idea

What if you have a massive civil disorder and you do nothing about it and some turns you have in your hands a Civil War if you lose the war they become a independent nation or they may even try to overthrow you and your goverment.

It'll be interesting if you best units become unloyal to you and they act as some sort of spies loyal to another nation and they may event try to corrupt other units or even cities and when in war they just flip their nationality

any suggestions??

The concept of granting a group of regions indepedence is that it's so hard to do. Civil disorder is easy to keep under control, and it would probably turn out to be either really predictable or they would come at the weirdest times without the slighest provocation. Bottom line: Cool idea, realy hard to make it work. The only thing that they should include is an option to grant a group of cities independence on your own will, but who'd want to do that?

They have something like lhis in a game called Europa Universalis, but It would probably be too difficult to make in a civ game, because its a random world that doesent hve specific regions set like our world is.

In Civ2, you could "split" a civilization.

I always liked this idea. Entire groups of cities revolt and become a new civ.

I'm sure it could be done in Civ3. ;)

If they added the ability to create provences then it wouldnt be to hard to impliment some sort of civil war element into the game. If a region(s) have massive civil disorder that goes uncheked for several turns then the region(s) would declare independence and a civil war wuold ensue

I dont think it would add anything "good" to the game really. It would be just another thing for people to gripe about, like culture flipping. ("All my cities were really happy and half of them STILL broke away and formed another civ! WAAAAAAAAH!")

THAT might be a good idea to have civil wars, but id have it so that they would have the same civ, possibly same leaderhead, just different name. A the rebels and the loyalists cant make peace, its either contiuous war or full annexation by either side. and make different nation names too depending upon the country and what other parts of the actuall kingdom were called.
ex: Americans-Confederates
Germans-Prussians
French-Burgundians
Greeks-Macedonians

even if it wasnrt actually a civil wart between them, using the names would have to be put in, i dont want 2 countries of exact same names.

i like that idea, and the same with the provinces thing, how abou if a city continually goes into civil disorder, it could sort of act like a barbarian tribe and sent out fighters? exept the fighters would actually be hard? great idea though:goodjob:

wow these are great ideas. I think that civ 4 should be designed by the fans. (we seem to be doing a better job than firaxis a comming up with ideas).

Although real splits would be too much for an expansion pack, this ought to be relatively easy to implement:

Whenever you invoke a revolution the units inside your capital (if any) are disbanded and there's a massive barbarian uprising around your capital. They represent the loyal troops of the old regime (the old you :)) and your job as the revolutionary leader (the you you :)) is to defeat them so they can be properly tried, put before a wall and shot like they deserve. :)

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

i like that idea, and the same with the provinces thing, how abou if a city continually goes into civil disorder, it could sort of act like a barbarian tribe and sent out fighters? exept the fighters would actually be hard? great idea though
by casual_moose
you mean like terrorists? Maybe if a city had huge amounts of curruption it insted of producing normal units if will produce terrorists, they will look like any other unit, you can attack them so can they with you and they will also be detroying terrain improvements, killing you workers. them if this whose unattended a neighboor city will join them and so on like a cancer. When this happens you better do something or you will have a war within your own country, they will not try to become independent, nor overtrhow your gov, but sure they will be a pain in the neck

Top Bottom