Industrial Unit Graphics

I suppose coming up with a scenario using a limited amount of units could be possible? :)

I am thinking of something like an "Axis and Allies" scenario where generic units are used...

It´s nothing like the stuff below I posted some years ago and seemed to be too complicated for all Civ 2 modders. It´s much more simple. :)

Churchill Tank:

BTW.: What do you think are the best fitting Civ 2 combat animations for WW II scenarios?

I'd love to try animating some units, but the work involved and ToT's dubious system make it a remote prospect!
I'm not sure what you mean by dubious. Currently, the main limitation to animating ToT units is the available tools. Mercator intended to create a more flexible sprite tool, but it didn't happen. A discussion for another thread.

I just had a look "into this" and will give you a template for the use of Mercator´s sprite tool, that allowed me to create yesterday 11 operable units for my SF mod in about 2 1/2 hours. :)

It´s nothing like the stuff below I posted some years ago and seemed to be too complicated for all Civ 2 modders. It´s much more simple. :)

Turning civ3 units into ToT format isn't the time-consuming part; creating multi-view sprites from scratch is. Who made the Civ3 Churchill btw?

As Gareth says - Creating 80 units for a scenario, each with multiple directional views and
combat/destruction animations is time-consuming...If some kind of quality is expected.

I would definitely volunteer to help create a set of animated units. All we have to do is
select a mod, or even perhaps re-make the CIV2 vanilla units as proper fairline types?

Anyone else game?

Turning civ3 units into ToT format isn't the time-consuming part; creating multi-view sprites from scratch is. Who made the Civ3 Churchill btw?

No, the animated Civ 2 ToT units I´m doing now, are normally Civ 2 units that gain a simple combat animation and can explode when destroyed. So fairline, all your wonderful units can gain this additions with no big working, too. :)

I animate the units of my old SF mod. The problem of this mod is, that my last worked out version of that mod was lost when my old pc kept fire. I have an older back up of it, so may be I post a preview of that mod with the animated spaceships. I posted the spaceships here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10179565&postcount=8

Btw.: Now the animation of 26 units of that mod are completed.

The Churchill tank came with the Civ 3 expansion set and needed heavily reworking by me for these graphics you can see. But the way I found for the animation of normal Civ 2 units is not very time consuming. May be now the one or the other will say, and what is that way? -Please have a little bit patience for the explanation. As it seems the solution for it wasn´t found for a long time, I will do some presentation for it.

Someone posted these units in the "City Graphics" thread.And I just decided to put them in the right section.

I have edited the Bulgarian flag,so now it won't look like the Russian one.

Attachments

• wwi_minor_powers1.PNG
    wwi_minor_powers1.PNG
    17.4 KB · Views: 665
Nice units keu. I have an old book called "Sea Power" and the stuff about the first Ironclads, the Black Snakes of the Channel and Capital ships is fascinating. You don't often see illustrations of these pioneering ships. I love the transition between Napoleonic Ships of the Line with full rigging and the metal hulled ships of the later 19th century, truly strange looking hybrids.

I used "Conway's all the world's fighting ships" as a referense when I have making Inconstant. Now I'm reviewing this book and see that images are not as well as I want but have more details then I made. Probably I was too lazy and left some details from Fairline's Alexandra which I used as prototype :)

Also, Conway have images of Shah, not Inconstant itself.

Since I have decided to make a (proper) ToT World War one scenario...I need to fill that file with units so it will have atleast:

Ottoman Cavalary
German Colonial Infantry ("Shutztruppe Afrique" i think)
French Colonial Infantry
British special Infantry (Maybe a Scottish regiment)
Canadian Infantry
ANZAC
Italian Infantry (the most important of all)

Anything that fits those units below is welcome.

http://http://img19.imageshack.us/i/ww1units.png/

And if I am not asking for too much.Do you have any tutorials on "How to work with EVENTS" because it is time for me to learn how to use events because some of those units will require triggers for spawning.

:)

EDIT: Damn it...when the "Insert Imge" option works properly...1 time in every 300 attempts.

Don't forget to reverse the two German planes and the Zeppelin to face right if you are using ToT.

Finally got together a compilation of my WW1 units - the vast majority of which are new or modified since I last posted any. There are a lot of duplicates with different poses, as I use them mainly for mods of the superb Open General (the Kaiser scenarios). Luis Guzman's Open General (it's a completely new, re-engineered Panzer General II with hundreds of scenarios from the US civil war to modern day stuff) can be found here:

http://luis-guzman.com/

Attachments

• fairline ww1 pngout1.png
    fairline ww1 pngout1.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 2,902
  • fairline ww1 pngout2.png
    fairline ww1 pngout2.png
    142.6 KB · Views: 3,832
  • fairline ww1 pngout3.png
    fairline ww1 pngout3.png
    131.1 KB · Views: 3,338
  • fairline ww1 pngout4.png
    fairline ww1 pngout4.png
    131.7 KB · Views: 3,183
  • fairline ww1 aug11.rar
    380.8 KB · Views: 245
So, so beautiful. Going to spend some time just admiring these wonderful units. There's a few old scenarios these will enhance and hopefully one day a few new WWI era scenarios too. Really love the new artillery pieces!

EDIT: As if my life wasn't full with enough hobbies you have to temp me with the computer game equivalent of crack. Your a bad man Mr Birch. Downloading Open General now ;)

Top Bottom