[TOT] Infinite movements TOT

Sdaco|JrmY

Chieftain
Hello everyone!

I've recently got my hands back on my original TOT cd-rom, I've got it working but I have couple issues. The most important one is that the 1/3 movement cost on road is not working at all. Meaning I can get my 1 movement unit across all the map if it has roads. Similarly, the corsair unit (every tile considered as road) can just explore all the map in 1 turn.

I have no idea where the problem would be but I think it's probably because my game is mixed in french and english (cd-rom is in french, then I used patchs in english)

Any clue?

Hello everyone!

I've recently got my hands back on my original TOT cd-rom, I've got it working but I have couple issues. The most important one is that the 1/3 movement cost on road is not working at all. Meaning I can get my 1 movement unit across all the map if it has roads. Similarly, the corsair unit (every tile considered as road) can just explore all the map in 1 turn.

I have no idea where the problem would be but I think it's probably because my game is mixed in french and english (cd-rom is in french, then I used patchs in english)

Any clue?

I presume you're using Test of Time Patch Project? If so, there is a known bug with the movement multipliers patch (the patch that lets rivers and alpine movement be different from road movement, and also lets rail movement not be unlimited). Either uncheck the patch in the launcher (unless you want to play a scenario that uses it), or add the following to the rules.txt file of pre-totpp scenarios (including the rules in the 'original' folder).

Code:
@COSMIC2
MovementMultipliers,1
RoadMultiplier,1,3
RailroadMultiplier, -1
RiverMultiplier,1, 3
AlpineMultiplier,1, 3

If a scenario has a road multiplier different from 3, you'll want to change the 3's appropriately.

Please reply if you have any trouble.

When you say "uncheck the patch in the launcher", WHICH EXACT options need to be unselected please?

Top Bottom