Information Office

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
Welcome to the Information Office. This office organizes volunteers to provide the citizens with the information they need to participate in our democracy and the underlying game. The actual information will be in various other places, such as the Welcome and FAQ, Screenshots, Play Session Summaries, and official threads.

Citizens with information requests can post them here.

Here are a couple of posts which prompted me to start this office. We should consider them our first requests for information.

(in a thread about a RPG)

Since I was one of the 14, I'll give one answer. I'm new to DG and waiting to see it in action. I'm not particularly interested in adding a second game in parallel before I've seen the first. Additionally, I did a bit of browsing of the thread you referenced and did not come away with a good understanding of how it works. It seemed to be purely text-based and I prefer something visual. Hope this helps.

yes we need a guide, like a flow chart to show how each official affects each other and what their powers are, that would make it easier for new people to join in, i have been on the site quite a lot for 3 or so weeks and still have problems knowing what is happening.

Anyone available to make some visual representations of how the DG flows? :D

That's a good way of pulling together the rules. Now we need something that describes a Decision - Play Session cycle.

Inputs: Previous session save, summary, screenshots, ongoing discussions

Process:
  1. People review save, summary, ongoing process.
  2. Discussions are held on actions to be taken in next play session.
  3. Polls are run to make important and/or contested decisions.
  4. Officials and citizens post instructions for next play session.
  5. DP plays the session using instructions.
Outputs: Intermediate and ending saves, play summary, screenshots.

There's the process document form of how it works, but what we need is a more user-friendly form of the same information. Anyone up to making it kinder and gentler? :)

Yes just like that!

well done! :cool: :goodjob: It's simple and straight to the point.

Top Bottom