Informational Poll: Blockade of the eastern landbridge?

Should we blockade the eastern landbridge?

• Yes

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eyrei

Deity
Retired Moderator
This is an informational poll. Relevant discussion can be found here .

Please read my full post in the discussion thread by clicking on eyrei's link.

To paraphase: I don't think we need to have a full blockade of explorers just to fool the computer. Let's do it realistically by putting riflemen in our perimeter mountains and shoring up defense in Padmativa and Leningrado.

Please vote NO.

I agree with DZ's paraphrased proposal.

There is nothing realistic about the production and science bonuses the AI gets on this level either. I intend to use the one major advantage we have. That being our ability to accurately interpret the AIs reaction to certain situations and exploit this predictability.

There's another thing to remember. The AI will declare war, and may bring others into it. What if we enlist our allies, and THEY can't get to the other side? Would they declare war?

Do what you want, eyrei. Aesthetics is a big part of the game for me and to me fooling the computer is fooling ourselves.

I can see where this will work to take the risk out of the game, but with that goes the excitement. We are the most powerful nation in the world, so we should start acting like it.

It doesn't remove the risk, as the AI often declares war before it begins moving its troops. It also does not protect us on the western side. Actually, it offers little protection at all. Just an illusion to fool our enemies...

I agree with Donovan Zoi. I understand your views eyrei but we can certainly afford nine riflemen for a wall. The garrisons of Civanatoria, New Falcon's Nest and Pensacola in the SW Province each have an extra garrison unit. I've already suggested that we upgrade these units and use them to start the wall.

Donsig,

If the military feels these units can be spared, I am all for it. At first, however, even our most obsolete units will do. Eventually, I would like this wall to be fortified, but I don't think it is necessary from the outset.

Originally posted by eyrei
Donsig,

If the military feels these units can be spared, I am all for it. At first, however, even our most obsolete units will do. Eventually, I would like this wall to be fortified, but I don't think it is necessary from the outset.

This makes sense. We should get the wall up as fast as we can. We can make improvements to it as time passes.

So is this poll about a general blockade of the landbridge, or about an Explorer blockade of the landbridge?

Top Bottom