Informational Poll: Peace with the Babs?

How long should we remain at war with Babylon?

• Until they are destroyed

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • For at least another 20 turns

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Only until our alliances are over (7 turns)

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Make peace now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feodor
I think we both feel similarly about this war, and I apologize for singling you out in my rant earlier. I think it was a result of frustration with this poll. I certainly understand the rationale behind the choices provided, but I also wish they were worded slightly differently and that a few more options were added for good measure.

DZ
Great avatar! That's what I call devoting yourself to the job. :thumbsup:

I certainly hope that we can promote a Great Leader within the next seven turns. I was actually hoping to get two of them considering the number of elite troops in the area, and the fact that I think we're due for a couple.

With respect to your concerns about our Cavalry being at risk of attack from Babylonian cavalry, the number of Babylonian Cavalry are limited so long as we prevent them from reconnecting the Saltpeter resource we recently pillaged.

Fairly soon, the only units roaming the Babylonian countryside will be our Cavalry and Babylonian Longbows. Also, if we are able to pillage a significant portion of their road network (as I would like very much to see), they won't be able to get to our units to attack them as we would have 3 movement points to their 1. We could move in, pillage and move out leaving them too far away to reach us in one turn. If they tried, then our Cavalry could easily eliminate them and move on to a new area in which to wreck havoc.

Back on subject, though... I would agree that we should not re-sign our alliances with the AI. Also, I wouldn't worry about cancelling them either. We're never going to get a fair shake from the AI with respect to our reputation in this game, so I wouldn't lose any sleep over making peace with Babylon provided the 20 turn minimum has elapsed.

I think we need to take a set number of their cities, then make peace. If we took a third of all their cities, or even half, that would cripple them permanently. so my suggestion is:

Make them consideribly weaker than russia on the powergraph, then go for peace.

We have an excellent opportunity now. If we make peace with Babylon as soon as we are free to do so (no active alliances against them) they will take a big rep hit for breaking their alliance with Persia. In the mean time we can renew the Phony Persian War.

I agree with man with the slightly schmaltzy new gavel ;)

Wrecking Babylon's reputation will give us a greater edge later in the game when it finally is time to purge them from the face of the planet, since they will find it that much harder to sign alliances and to keep allies on side. I would really like to sign peace as soon as our other alliances run out, and then finally launch that long overdue attack on the invertibrate Russians. We need those FP zone cities! :hammer:

Top Bottom