Ingame Editor mod for Civ6?

It's actually quite a bit different. Piece-parts of code could be lifted from one to the other, but nearly everything requires intensive review of the code to find and make the changes to the new method and function names, even with search/seek/find tools to look through the original files for the function or method-names that need updating.

The larger problem is that what worked in Civ5 for either a UI environment or a gameplay environment even when it has identical function-names and usages does not in civ6 work in both UI environment and gameplay environment. Attempting UI code in gameplay simply causes runtime errors. Attempting gameplay code in UI environments usually seems to lock the game as soon as the human opens the UI panel or makes the in-game action that would normally open the UI panel.

Nor does the civ5 lua file-contents "include" system work in civ6. Which means that for multiple files that were copying in the contents of a toolkit file in civ5, these entire toolkit file contents would have to manually be copied into each file that needs it for civ6, or else make use of Gedemon's somewhat complex system.

And this still will arrive at an lua interface that cannot directly communicate with gameplay state, which it needs to do in order to implement certain if not most effects of an InGame Editor like DonQuiche's IGE was.

In other words, even with the SDK out, we should not expect an in-game editor any soon if ever... got it. (Going back to Civ V.. first time I regretted that I bought a civ game... next time I will not pre-order and wait to see how is going..)

Yeah, this civ game, unfortunately, doesn't believe that there should be strategic elements in a strategy game. We don't even have control of happiness and if someone is able to keep track of it, I congratulate that person.
I had a hope that mods will fix it somehow and there indeed are mods that fix the interface quite nicely. Mechanics of the game is bad, though, and problems with mods are the final nail to the game's coffin. At least for me.
Surprisingly, there's many more people playing C5 than C6 on Steam. This must be the first such case in history of AAA gaming.

In other words, even with the SDK out, we should not expect an in-game editor any soon if ever... got it. (Going back to Civ V.. first time I regretted that I bought a civ game... next time I will not pre-order and wait to see how is going..)
It's not a problem with the tools, the SDK is not required to code this.

But people underestimate the amount of work required to create a mod like this one, it would be as long to code with civ4 or civ5, DonQuiche did a fantastic job with IGE.

It's not a problem with the tools, the SDK is not required to code this.

But people underestimate the amount of work required to create a mod like this one, it would be as long to code with civ4 or civ5, DonQuiche did a fantastic job with IGE.

I have no idea about programming or modding but didnt mean to seem ungrateful for all the hard work you people put into to make the game better for us. I am currently managed to use Fire Tuner and chang things in-game although I am getting lot of crashes when try to play the game after the changes..

Well there's still a lot of IGE's features that I'd like to have and I haven't been able to mod them in to a Fire Tuner panel, e.g. especially teleporting units and glancing at the map (not triggering other civs/natural wonders and only temporary).

\Skodkim

The Firetuner WorldBuilder tab is effectively the Ingame Editor you can use it during any game not just blank maps. You can add/remove units, improvements, resources whatever.

Could someone elaborate here? I have Civ 6 on a mac and ive been searching for a method to just simply edit resources and such since the day its come out. I dont have it on steam, and i have no idea what a fireturner is. I have Civ 5 and i used the IgE editor successfully on that and loved it. I have had 0 success with editing anything on Civ 6 and im pretty frustrated that theyve released this game with an editor that requires hours just to figure out how to enable - and its been essentially useless to me thus far.

I gave up on Civ6. It's simply a bad game and modders were unable to help in any way. Some great basic tools were created but we don't ven have a handy IGE.
Let's just move on and wait till Firaxis decides to create a Civ game with more strategic elements than "strategic decisions", as their marketing dubbed the dumbing down of the game.

I gave up on Civ6. It's simply a bad game and modders were unable to help in any way. Some great basic tools were created but we don't ven have a handy IGE.
Let's just move on and wait till Firaxis decides to create a Civ game with more strategic elements than "strategic decisions", as their marketing dubbed the dumbing down of the game.

I mean, all i want to be able to do is edit my starting position and place resources that i want around where i start...thats it. I downloaded it in the App store. Im close to giving up on this game, and effectively giving up on Civ series simply because this has been so frustrating. I put hours into the stupid world builder only to find out i cant even load the stupid maps i create in the game, and i cant load the in game saves into the world builder. This entire thing is incredibly stupid and frustrating.

If you're on a mac, then no, no firetuner directly for you.
If you also have a windows machine, then yes, you CAN run firetuner on that and have it connect to the mac.
I've been doing that for my games in Linux.

Top Bottom