1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ingame Editor mod for Civ6?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by Brackenspore, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Palavos

Palavos Chieftain

In other words, even with the SDK out, we should not expect an in-game editor any soon if ever... got it. (Going back to Civ V.. first time I regretted that I bought a civ game... next time I will not pre-order and wait to see how is going..)

2. Makavcio

Makavcio Prince

Yeah, this civ game, unfortunately, doesn't believe that there should be strategic elements in a strategy game. We don't even have control of happiness and if someone is able to keep track of it, I congratulate that person.
    I had a hope that mods will fix it somehow and there indeed are mods that fix the interface quite nicely. Mechanics of the game is bad, though, and problems with mods are the final nail to the game's coffin. At least for me.
    Surprisingly, there's many more people playing C5 than C6 on Steam. This must be the first such case in history of AAA gaming.

3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

It's not a problem with the tools, the SDK is not required to code this.

But people underestimate the amount of work required to create a mod like this one, it would be as long to code with civ4 or civ5, DonQuiche did a fantastic job with IGE.

4. Palavos

Palavos Chieftain

I have no idea about programming or modding but didnt mean to seem ungrateful for all the hard work you people put into to make the game better for us. I am currently managed to use Fire Tuner and chang things in-game although I am getting lot of crashes when try to play the game after the changes..

5. Saldrin

Saldrin Chieftain

6. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Well there's still a lot of IGE's features that I'd like to have and I haven't been able to mod them in to a Fire Tuner panel, e.g. especially teleporting units and glancing at the map (not triggering other civs/natural wonders and only temporary).

\Skodkim

7. TrevBen813T

TrevBen813T Chieftain

Could someone elaborate here? I have Civ 6 on a mac and ive been searching for a method to just simply edit resources and such since the day its come out. I dont have it on steam, and i have no idea what a fireturner is. I have Civ 5 and i used the IgE editor successfully on that and loved it. I have had 0 success with editing anything on Civ 6 and im pretty frustrated that theyve released this game with an editor that requires hours just to figure out how to enable - and its been essentially useless to me thus far.

8. Makavcio

Makavcio Prince

I gave up on Civ6. It's simply a bad game and modders were unable to help in any way. Some great basic tools were created but we don't ven have a handy IGE.
    Let's just move on and wait till Firaxis decides to create a Civ game with more strategic elements than "strategic decisions", as their marketing dubbed the dumbing down of the game.

9. TrevBen813T

TrevBen813T Chieftain

I mean, all i want to be able to do is edit my starting position and place resources that i want around where i start...thats it. I downloaded it in the App store. Im close to giving up on this game, and effectively giving up on Civ series simply because this has been so frustrating. I put hours into the stupid world builder only to find out i cant even load the stupid maps i create in the game, and i cant load the in game saves into the world builder. This entire thing is incredibly stupid and frustrating.

10. Canadian Bluebeer

Canadian Bluebeer Prince

If you're on a mac, then no, no firetuner directly for you.
    If you also have a windows machine, then yes, you CAN run firetuner on that and have it connect to the mac.
    I've been doing that for my games in Linux.