Installing for Online

peter450

Prince
I had a few problems installing this mod, as i wanted to install it in place of my original files and also because i have a few other mod's going

In the end i just set it up to run as a mod and all was fine

Trouble is i want to use it online now

I went into my BTS AI Assets folder and moved the

CVGAMECOREDLL, to my BTS Assets folder and overwrote the old file
I put the GLOBALDEFINEALT xml file into BTS/ASSETS/XML folder
I put the CIV4GAMETEXT_AIAUTOPLAY xml into my BTS/ASSETS/XML/TEXT folder
I put the CIV4GAMETEXT_BETTERBTSAI xml into my BTS/ASSETS/XML/TEXT folder
I put the CVCUSTOMEVENTMANAGER into my BTS/ASSETS/PYTHON folder

I put the contents of the better AI python entry points and python screen folders into those same folders in BTS/ASSETS/PYTHON

I simply copied the Better AI Python Development and Option folders into my BTS/ASSESTS/PYTHON folder as those folders did not exist in there

When i loaded the game, i did not get the better BTS AI text that i had when i was running as a mod? i'm sure all the files i mentioned above are the only ones i needed as the other XML files were to do with the solver patch, and i have already modded versions of these so have no need for them

Have i missed out any files? i would like to play this online with friends as they have the better AI mod also, so it would make sense but not sure if it's working or not:confused:

If you're not getting the Better BTS AI text when you mouse over your flag in the bottom right, then it's not working ... it sounds like you did all the right things though, so I'm not sure why it isn't working. You won't get the Better BTS AI text in the top right of the first Civ4 screen where you pick your game type ... that just shows the name of the mod you're running, in this case you're not running it as a mod.

In fact, given that you overwrote the BTS DLL, I have no idea what the game would be running if BBAI isn't working! Maybe vanilla Civ4?

One way to get some more information would be to enable error reporting. In My Games/BTS/CivilizationIV.ini, set HidePythonExceptions to 0. Something may not be quite right with your setup, causing an error during initialization.

maybe i put something in the wrong place, i'l give it another good go at the weekend and see what happens

Top Bottom