Interface Tweaks?

NikNaks

Deity
Capo mentioned that there might be a few little images that would make the interface more user friendly and such. Are there any that spring straight to mind, or is it more of an overall feel? Oh, and are there any screens of how it's looking at the moment? I can't seem to find any.

Currently the UI is the same as the regular game's is, although I have added BUG so that is the only difference to it. What I was envisioning though was something a bit more polished, so when you played the game you just had a great impression of the graphics being used (being a graphics modder this is one of my main areas of concern). I am going to try and find you an example of what I was talking about so you can either try to emulate it, or create something similar.

In the meantime however, if anyone else wnats to give any suggestions that'd be great. :goodjob:

Alright, I found the image I was looking for. Here it is:

Spoiler :

I really liked the way this looks, and would like this or something similar for my mod. I would like the color-scheme to be different though. Blue replacing the dark brown, and maybe white or grey replacing the green banner/flag/ribbon things.

Are you capable of doing something like this or similar to this?

Oh good lord it's beautiful,

question though, is it possible to change the UI depending on Era? That would a nice touch, in Ancient times everything would be on stones, in mediveal it would look a bit like above, in industrial it would have this... umm...... industrial feel, modern would be i dunno while future era could have the default Civ 4 ui.

I always liked how, when playing FFH2, on the main interface the unit is "not" in the preview box.

See the "interface" in the lower right corner. I always liked that,
Spoiler :

I kinda dig that myself, but I don't know how to do any of this stuff or if it will be compatible with BUG, so we'll see what NikNaks says.

I hope you're right. I assume you are talking about the image I posted. What about EC's request/idea to have the unit show up on/around/ the info box like in FfH?

Sure, I'll extract what I can this afternoon. I won't be able to test it out, as my PC with Civ on can't handle large processes at the minute, but I'll try to replace the DDSes in the right places and then upload them for someone else to test out.

Sure, I'll extract what I can this afternoon. I won't be able to test it out, as my PC with Civ on can't handle large processes at the minute, but I'll try to replace the DDSes in the right places and then upload them for someone else to test out.

Yeah, I can do that. Just PM me or post them here if you want, doesn't matter to me.

Top Bottom