Interface upgrades

merijn_v1

Black Belt
Recently I created a small indicator that shows the amount of national wonders and world wonders and their limits. During a game I knew I had some wonders in a city, but I didn't know how many and what exactly my limit was. I wanted to know if I could build a certain wonder of keep that slot open for another (better) wonder.

Ofcourse I could have counted the (non-obsolete) wonders and look up in the pedia what the limit is, but that takes effort. So I decided to create the indicator in the spirit of BUG.

Spoiler :

Maybe there are more things that could have a BUG-like indicator. With a BUG-like indicator I mean something that shows information that is already present to you, but you have to search for it. The wonder indicator described above is a good example. The indicator automizes the searching for you and displays it so you can view it in a single glance.

That does not mean that every little thing should have an indicator. First of all it will clutter up the screen. Secondly, some things are intended to be hidden.

So do you guys have ideas for indicators or any information you would like to be able to see easily in a game?

Well, I think you should see the Cultural Garrison and maybe also the power value of a given unit in its tooltip.

I don't know if this is the right place or the bug thread. If I'm be wrong I will replace it. The indicator isn't well balanced in the city advisor screen.

Civ4ScreenShot0054.JPG

It's the reason why there isn't enough space to display all the information. You should be able to set it to the maximum resolution without issues.

I created a new BUG option to show the UHV help text, even after you completed/failed the UHV. Sometimes I didn't fulfill the requirement on time, but I wanted to know how many extra turns I needed to meet the requirement. I can also image that it can be used for alternative challenges in which you don't want the counter to stop when you reach the UHV.

I could also move the option "Display UHV End Turns" to the BUG menu too.

Can anyone think of some other (DoC related) interface options like this that could be added? I am pretty sure there are many interface items some players would like to disable and others don't.

EDIT: I think one option could be to disable the "switch to newborn civs" popup.
EDIT2: Maybe some stability warning could also work.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0231.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0231.JPG
    267.4 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
I created a new BUG option to show the UHV help text, even after you completed/failed the UHV. Sometimes I didn't fulfill the requirement on time, but I wanted to know how many extra turns I needed to meet the requirement. I can also image that it can be used for alternative challenges in which you don't want the counter to stop when you reach the UHV.

I could also move the option "Display UHV End Turns" to the BUG menu too.

Can anyone think of some other (DoC related) interface options like this that could be added? I am pretty sure there are many interface items some players would like to disable and others don't.

EDIT: I think one option could be to disable the "switch to newborn civs" popup.
EDIT2: Maybe some stability warning could also work.
Oh, like that small "Your stability has worsened/improved, it's now at Stable/Shaky/etc" pull request I made a while back. Leoreth thought it was unnecessary, but making it an optional thing would really help new players.

I made a PR with some new BUG options.
  • Show UHV progress after completion/failure
  • Moved "Display UHV end turns" option to BUG menu
  • Can disable UHV failure popup
  • Can disable switch to newborn civ popup

@1SDAN
You could make a PR yourself with the stability notifications as a BUG option. You can use my PR as an example how to create new BUG options. If you have any questions just ask.

Top Bottom